Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmittion rebuit kit..

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 04:29 AM
ezz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy transmittion rebuit kit..

For the past year i suffered from my 4L60e trans with its shifting. I replaced it with a " TCI Pro Super Transmission Overhaul Kit". i also got new tci sprag and drum assemblies, bands,servos, everything was newly fitted into the trans. I also got a transgo stage 2 packge, a new torqu converter and finally an external cooler. What im facing now is wen pushing the car hard 3rd and fourth gear do not engage unless i remove my foot off the gas pedal. some were telling me that i need to fine tune my pcm after installing the trasgo package.... so can that be the problem??? I also modifed the car and installed long tube headers, K&N air intake, and magna flow mufflers. so my next plan is heavily tunning the cars pcm but what im worried about is that would the transmition parts hold now and avoid sliping??
Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM
ezz

wow! getting soo much help..much more than I expected!! loool
Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trannys are really are scary demon, most guys, even types like me that will rebuild a rear and slide a cam in thier car and set-up the suspension, like to leave internal trans work to the pros. All i did was remove old trans, attach ss4000 to new trans and install. hit up the guys at FLT, they know thier ****, something like this u should really talk to a proffesinal.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 AM
ezz

ok i will, but one more thing can you give me more infos about FLT im really not familiar with them yet..thx
Old 08-15-2010, 10:42 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the transmission is built correctly than your issue is tune related. Being that your car has been modified a good tuner will be able to sort out your issues. Hope this helps.

BTW when you make a post at 4am you might not get a response back as quick as you would think. To be honest I only look over the boards every so often and I'm sure that is the same with others. Being that you did not get a reply by 10am that should tell you something. Next time give it some time and I'm sure someone will chime in. Get a tune and I'm sure your car will perform better. Vince
Old 08-23-2010, 03:52 AM
ezz

BTW when you make a post at 4am you might not get a response back as quick as you would think.

haha ur right about that well i havent noticed the time diff. it was only till after i posted it that i have noticed the time diff. were i live it was about 5p.m.
thats for the reply i have a great tunner actually hoping for all to go wel..
Old 08-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

The problem is more likely to be mechanical. 3-4 clutch and 2nd band timing, or an internal 3-4 clutch fluid leak.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 AM
ezz

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
The problem is more likely to be mechanical. 3-4 clutch and 2nd band timing, or an internal 3-4 clutch fluid leak.
these are the problems i might get into??? is that what you meant?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ezz
these are the problems i might get into??? is that what you meant?
I mean when the transmission was built. A lot of stuff was changed.

Did it have this problem with the old transmission? If not then it should not do it with a properly built transmission.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned

Does it ever shift into third and fourth? different throttle positions and load.
If it ever does 3rd and 4th what does the shift feel like?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:53 AM
ezz

Does it ever shift into third and fourth? different throttle positions and load.
If it ever does 3rd and 4th what does the shift feel like?
yeah i just finished the rebuilt about a month ago and its shifting to 3rd and 4th when im not really pushing the car hard, but wen i push the car hard 3rd gear doesn't engage the engine revs up high but the gear doesnt engage unless I take my foot of the gas pedal. I still did not modify my pcm yet. so the gear modifications are still in stock mode, keeping im mind that i added a transgo HD2 shift kit. so i was told that that will be normal until i tune my pcm is that true??.. but my concern is with all the modifications i listed will it cause any problems after tunning will it hold up??
Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 AM
ezz

I mean when the transmission was built. A lot of stuff was changed.

Did it have this problem with the old transmission? If not then it should not do it with a properly built transmission.
ll yeah my old transmittion was the stock 4L60e wich is garbage it bearly worked fine for a year. Now i've upgraded it using the kits u listed before, but i still havent tunned the car yet..
Old 08-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ezz
yeah i just finished the rebuilt about a month ago and its shifting to 3rd and 4th when im not really pushing the car hard, but wen i push the car hard 3rd gear doesn't engage the engine revs up high but the gear doesnt engage unless I take my foot of the gas pedal.
Just my opinion, I think the 3-4 clutch has low holding power due to a mechanical problem inside the transmission.

If the old transmission worked at one time off the same tune, then the new trans should also.

So when you take your foot off the gas and let it shift does it hold when you get back on the gas? If it does hold it may be tuning. If it doesn't hold it's in the transmission.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:02 AM
ezz

Just my opinion, I think the 3-4 clutch has low holding power due to a mechanical problem inside the transmission.

If the old transmission worked at one time off the same tune, then the new trans should also.

So when you take your foot off the gas and let it shift does it hold when you get back on the gas? If it does hold it may be tuning. If it doesn't hold it's in the transmission.
yeah it does engage its only wen im pushing the car hard that happens and same for the 4th gear i feel theirs like a slippage before the gear engages. some one told me check the valve body its probably from the transgo installation. so what could it be, a fault in the transmition, or is it a tuning problem??
Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ezz
yeah it does engage its only wen im pushing the car hard that happens and same for the 4th gear i feel theirs like a slippage before the gear engages. some one told me check the valve body its probably from the transgo installation. so what could it be, a fault in the transmition, or is it a tuning problem??
Ok what happens when you let it engage then get back on the gas? Does it slip? Does it hold?
Old 08-27-2010, 02:57 AM
ezz

Ok what happens when you let it engage then get back on the gas? Does it slip? Does it hold?
no it does hold normally, dont feel anything wrong with it but when it comes to 4th gear it engages but with a minor slip before engaging....