Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too Much Line Pressure in 3rd?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too Much Line Pressure in 3rd?

I read the sticky and really didnt find the info I needed. Just got done installing my second tranny in a month and thought it be a good idea to monitor line pressure for awhile.

Anyways 1st and 2nd hold 90 psi steady at light throttle during shifts and cruising but when i go into the 3rd I notice it rises between 120-130 while cruising during the same light throttle, definitely below 1/4 throttle. There are some sonnax and transgo parts in the valve body so its not a stock tranny but I was curious if I should be worried about the rise. Doesnt 3rd and 4th need more pressure to hold the pack?

Oh and my line pressure rise is real fast and solid, doesnt fluctuate or climb slow. What do you guys think? Am i safe?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 PM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

What you have is fine. What are the pressures at WOT in first gear just before the shift to second? And in second gear just before the shift to third?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PBA
What you have is fine. What are the pressures at WOT in first gear just before the shift to second? And in second gear just before the shift to third?
Kinda nervous about doing a WOT shift yet but half throttle is about 150for 1-2. I only have like 4 miles on the tranny. I would guess ill be around 220-230 mark if its jumping that good in 1/2 throttle. What numbers should I be looking for a healthy street/strip tranny in WOT shifts? Will 2-3 WOT have more pressure than the 1-2 WOT?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:54 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your line pressures in each gear at WOT should all be close to one another. If you see a pressure drop of more than 10-20 psi in any gear I would suspect a problem. Normal max line pressure with a built 60 are 210-230 depending on how the unit was set up when built. Vince
Old 09-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Ok I was thinking it wouldn't change in WOT. Ill definitely keep my eye on it. Thanks for the help Vince