Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'95 4L60E - problems in 1st gear only

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '95 4L60E - problems in 1st gear only

I've had some weird issues with my '95 camaro for a while now and I haven't been able to figure this thing out. It still drives ok, it just feels like it's dragging sometimes when pulling away from a stop, then something "releases" and the car jumps up in RPM and feels normal again, all while still in first gear (selector in drive). I've been driving it like this for the past 6 months on the street, but I can't take it to the track again because I don't like the odds of it surviving the first pass.

Also, if I put the shifter in manual first and try to move, it feels like I'm holding the brake, but when I put it in drive it takes off much easier. I've had this problem ever since it was originally built by CPT in 2007, I just never thought much of it because it's always ran fine when I left it in drive. With the car behaving weird when pulling away from a stop, I figure it's gotta be related

I have a trans pressure gauge on it, I just don't know what I'm supposed to look for. It's consistently around 150psi during normal driving and the pressure flutters under light acceleration between 35-55mph. It usually jumps to about 225psi when pulling away from a stop, but gradually lowers to between 150-175.

This was a pro race build by CPT when he was still in business and I use an edge 3000 stall converter.

Can anyone give me an idea as to what the problem could be here? I'm afraid to pay another guy to build this thing without having an idea of whats goin on with it

Thanks

Quick Reply: '95 4L60E - problems in 1st gear only