Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80 t-brake vb problems. Trinity?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80 t-brake vb problems. Trinity?

Have trinity valvebody and problems keep getting worse. Delayed engagement was minor. Then no brake would work. Then shortly after It started to jerk hard on 2-1 downshift and then started locking the trans up while in 1st as if the brake was engaged. Then smoked clutches. So soon I am taking it off and undoing everything the kit had you do and building it again with new seal kit and then new clutches and get the tci rmvb On it way with tbrake. Anyone have these problems and also how is the tci vb
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pyronotic138
Have trinity valvebody and problems keep getting worse. Delayed engagement was minor. Then no brake would work. Then shortly after It started to jerk hard on 2-1 downshift and then started locking the trans up while in 1st as if the brake was engaged. Then smoked clutches. So soon I am taking it off and undoing everything the kit had you do and building it again with new seal kit and then new clutches and get the tci rmvb On it way with tbrake. Anyone have these problems and also how is the tci vb

Yes, the Trinity TBs are junk. There are several posts on it.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't tried the Trinity, but I do like my TCI 4L80e brake. It works great!