Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

converter probelms

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converter probelms

ive installed converters on are cars before and never had a problem, but ive run into one and now im stuck. i dont want to move on inless i get it fixed. i just picked up a 99 t/a, also i picked up a used yank 3600. i went to install it and felt/heard the 3 clicks. but as soon as i get it seated the converter will only move like 1/2 inch ( if that). ive done the ruler trick, ive also measured from the verter to the bell housing and its a little over 1 inch. if i pull it back out and go to the 2nd click it messuares a little under an inch, but the ruler hits the pilot on the verter.my guess would be that some how the two keys on the pump broke? or am i just missing something little? since it is only saturday night and my tranny guy is closed on weekends, im trying to figure this out. if not i will be taking him the tranny to have him overlook and check things out monday.

any help would be great! also if you need any more info just ask

-

jeff
Old 10-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Seems like the stator in the converter might be screwed up.
Take some snap ring pliers, stick the ends in the stator and see if you can turn it.

Then take a small screw driver and turn the pump by one of the tabs, it should turn easy.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i will check that as soon as i get home

-

jeff