Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Tranny guys!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Calling All Tranny guys!!!!!!!

Hey guys I'm having issues with my corvette. Its a C5 Corvette with the A4 tranny. The problem is that this thing has a 3500 stall torque converter from PDQ, but it only stalls up to 2500 RPM. Does anyone know what's going on here? Is there something I have to reprogram in the TCM? Or did they just send me the wrong torque converter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you power braking the car? If so the trans may only stall that high before the car starts to move. Try flashing the convetor. Take off from a dead stop by flooring the car while watching the tach. See what the tach shows before the car moves. Or while at a steady cruise at say 60 mph punch it and see what the tach jumps to. To do this you don't want the trans to down shift.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I'd hold the brake as hard as possible, stomp the gas for a second without letting the mph go up at all. A stall check can only be done with the input shaft speed at 0 rpm.

I did this with stock camaro brakes and exceeded the stall number that the converter was rated at. (Also had hp tuners connected so it wasn't the trans slipping.)