Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e..no more 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e..no more 2nd gear

hello.. so this is the 3rd time i rebuild my 4l60e. and its not lasting for more than a month and less. The car is stock.. so no big power to brake it.
last rebuild, included another valve body coz the workshop thinks mine is not good. I drove the car for 600km. And now 2nd gear disappeared. If in on D and driving slowly.. it stays in 1st gear till it reaches about 4k and i ease the pedal.. it just goes into 3rd instead of 2nd.

The good news is i havent paid the workshop yet. so i went back there, and they said that the problem should be from the gearbox harness coz everything else is new.
I have the shift boss gearbox on my car. They also said it might be causing this problem. What do you guys think what is happening ?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:30 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would probably look at the second gear servo rings to see if they are good or the band adjustment. If the command for the second gear shift is present and it does not happen it has to be in the second gear circuit. Weather it be mechanical or hydraulic something is not right. I have seen a damaged band cause this issue as well. Best of luck getting this thing sorted out. Hope this helped you some. Vince
Old 10-20-2010, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

I lost second before. On mine it was the band they said it was so streched out that it fell off the drum.

And I'm on my third rebuild this year on a stock motor. I know your pain in the wallet. lol
Old 10-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Teching In

I have rebuilt twice now! And still facing same problem! Band always goes boom! Can u explain more bout band adjustment! Is there a chance that the guy rebuilding is doing a mistake? Keeping in mind the car drives perfect for the first week or 500km or so