Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e-Bang while on the highway!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e-Bang while on the highway!!!

Hey guys I need some thoughts ASAP...4l60e (in my S10 Blazer), Im on the highway doing about 75mph and all of a sudden I feel/hear a bang, and suddenly my RPMs kick up a bit and I have a noticable vibration. I pulled off the highway and took a look underneath. There was NO fluid leaking, nothing looked broken. The truck still drives and trans seems to shift normally even under 75%+ throttle, but the vibration is always there now and it seems like it revs higher.

My thought is that it is the converter clutch that broke...since the trans still shifts and doesn't feel like it is "slipping"

Has anyone heard of something similar happeneing with the 4l60e???
Old 12-20-2010, 05:45 AM

Its possible that something is letting loose in the unit. Depending on what rpms you are seeing when you feel that it is slipping, this will probably help figure out what is really broke. If you are missing OD then I would suspect that the sprag is starting to roll over. I have had this complaint in the past. Vince
Old 12-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Teching In

I had similar issues when driving on the highway and it was my sprag. This may not be the same situation though...
Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

Well it definitly is not the tranny...I put it in 4wd yesterday and my front diff sounded like I had dropped a bag of marbles into it...I have a guy tearing it down now to see the damage...anyone know what a diff rebuild is going to cost me?!?