Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T/A 4l60e Slipping under WOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T/A 4l60e Slipping under WOT

I have a '95 Trans Am LT1 with 69K miles that i just bought. The previous owners installed BBK headers, 3"ORY, & SLP ram air box. He also said he recently replaced the trans fluid and filter.

When checking out the car before i bought it, i never took it WOT. Well, it turns out that it slipps at WOT. I was hoping that it was just the tires breaking loose, but it does it at all speeds, including highway. If i go 3/4 - WOT it downshifts as its supposed to but then doesn't move the car and revs to the moon until i back off. Then it takes off. The trans fluid does look clean and doesn't smell however it is over filled by maybe 1/2 qt or more.

Am i in for a new trans or can it be fixed??
Old 01-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you check the transmission fluid with the car in park while it was warmed up? If you checked it with the car off or if it wasn't warmed up it will show that it is way overfilled when it really isn't. If it is actually overfilled you need to let out some fluid cuz that can do damage
Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car is doing the exact same thing... what did u find to be the problem on your car? my trans is fresh rebuilt it is overfilled a bit to where when i drove it fluid was coming out the vent tube and everything is ok except 1-2 shift wont shift at wide open throttle unless i let off than it will shift

Quick Reply: T/A 4l60e Slipping under WOT