Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no overdrive???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no overdrive???

I have a ss3600 stall and built trans. Before i did my cam swap, every once in awhile it would kick out of lock up. Now that i did my cam swap it will hardly ever go into lock up. Here are a few idea's that i have.
1. Still needs more tuning?? P0300 code comes up for multi cylinder miss-fire, can that cause a issue???
2. Has the wrong trans fluid maybe?? If i remember right i believe the guy who did the trans put mobile one synth trans fluid in.
3. Torque convertor has just taken a crap and i need a new one??

I guess let me know what you guys think. I would really love to get this fixed in the spring cuz it def. isnt that nice to drive with out torque convertor lock up. If you need any more info let me know so i can get some help getting this figured out. thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes the 0300 can cause issues with trans performance also the tuning needs to be right for 4th gear and lockup to work right.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

ok cool thats what i was thinking. There was one night when i left the track and i had cleared the codes and took off and it was perfectly fine untill i came to about 3 stop signs then it started acting up again and the code was pending. thanks for info and if anyone else has any more ideas or info let me know
Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

99T/AMAN, do you have a problem with it not wanting to go into lock up when it's cold? JW, because I've got the same problem with mine not wanting to go into lockup sometimes. Althought it seems to work ok once the car and trans have been warmed up.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

4th gear 'lockup' occurs at low torque demand,'how much torque/engine load is required to maintain the current rate of speed',a 'cammed' engine has a torque curve that is different from stock,if torque and horsepower were 'moved' upward and there isn't as much torque and horsepower at the rpm where the 'lockup' used to occur,it would be necessary to increase speed to the level where 'factory' 'lockup' will occur. Tuning can change parameters.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:33 PM
11 Second Club

T AM: no, after i get a mile away from my house it will lock up for about 500ft then kick back out i i will rarely ever get lock up after that.

I figured it is a tuning issue. My self and a buddy have just done the tuning our selves with his hptuners. So i am hoping when it comes spring time and i get an actual tune worked out that it will all be taken care of. Glad to hear that its what i thought it was.