Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI paddle shifters

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCI paddle shifters

What's up guys, I got 2001 Ws6 with a 4l60e. Just wondering if i can install paddle shifters. I know TCI sell them from about $600. but do i have to buy one of there 4l60e's to install the paddle shifters or can i use the one currently installed in my car???
Old 01-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Teching In

anyone???????????????
Old 01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TrueMuscle=WS6
What's up guys, I got 2001 Ws6 with a 4l60e. Just wondering if i can install paddle shifters. I know TCI sell them from about $600. but do i have to buy one of there 4l60e's to install the paddle shifters or can i use the one currently installed in my car???
They will work with any automatic 4, 5 or 6-speed transmission controlled by the revolutionary TCI® Transmission Control Unit

You will need the TCI TCU unless you have it already, not their transmission.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can I ask why you want to bother? If you have a 4l60E the paddle shifters arent gonna do you any good but take a dent outta your wallet. just leave it in D and go
Old 01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tainted
can I ask why you want to bother? If you have a 4l60E the paddle shifters arent gonna do you any good but take a dent outta your wallet. just leave it in D and go
Maybe he wants to enter something beside a 1/4 mile or less straight line event where being able manually down shift or up shift to keep engine in it's power band is important when trying to be competitive with a manual shift 3 peddle car on a Road Course.

You need to be able to hold a gear and down shift or up shift as needed to be competitive. Ever try that with a stock floor shifter? If trans will engine brake it's like driving a manual trans, only being able to shift a lot faster.

Check out the video on 4L65 on road course keeping engine it's power band.

http://twistmachine.com/Paddle_Shifters.html

Show up to a Pro Touring Road course competition, with your 3000-4000 stalled A4 and see if your car like the rear end to pass the front end when you power out of a low speed turn.

Last edited by poorhousenext; 01-18-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by poorhousenext
Maybe he wants to enter something beside a 1/4 mile or less straight line event where being able manually down shift or up shift to keep engine in it's power band is important when trying to be competitive with a manual shift 3 peddle car on a Road Course.

You need to be able to hold a gear and down shift or up shift as needed to be competitive. Ever try that with a stock floor shifter? If trans will engine brake it's like driving a manual trans, only being able to shift a lot faster.

Check out the video on 4L65 on road course keeping engine it's power band.

http://twistmachine.com/Paddle_Shifters.html

Show up to a Pro Touring Road course competition, with your 3000-4000 stalled A4 and see if your car like the rear end to pass the front end when you power out of a low speed turn.
Excellent points. I'm wondering though if all the concerns could be addressed with a Clutch Turbo 400 and an automatic gate shifter such as a B&M Megashifter or equivalent.....especially if you were going to build a transmission anyway. Should be very close in cost with the Clutch Turbo having more durability.

http://www.extremeautomatics.com/tra...hturbo400.html
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

"Zero Gravity Performance" is going to get banned if they keep shamelessly plugging themselves in threads. YOU ARE NOT A SPONSOR. HE DID NOT ASK ABOUT YOUR ****. GTFO.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 PM
zgp
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roninsonic
"Zero Gravity Performance" is going to get banned if they keep shamelessly plugging themselves in threads. YOU ARE NOT A SPONSOR. HE DID NOT ASK ABOUT YOUR ****. GTFO.
I have no problem signing on to be a sponsor. Are you a moderator? Didn't think so. I don't have the time to spend at the moment to justify it at this moment. When I do look on occasion and see no sponsor cares to respond for a few days I provide an possible option. If the real moderators wish to discuss me being a sponsor they will PM me.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zgp
I have no problem signing on to be a sponsor. Are you a moderator? Didn't think so. I don't have the time to spend at the moment to justify it at this moment. When I do look on occasion and see no sponsor cares to respond for a few days I provide an possible option. If the real moderators wish to discuss me being a sponsor they will PM me.
Try pulling your head out of your *** and reading the forum rules.

The sponsors pay decent money for the privilege of advertising and hawking their wares on this site. It is YOUR responsibility to contact the moderators and get a sponsorship.

Go ahead, keep ignoring it and being a snarky *****. I can guarantee you, you'll get banned.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by zgp
I AM a moderator and you've been given your first infraction for non-sponsor soliciting. If you have helpful advice, please share it on the forums. But don't troll for business or you'll end up going away for good.

Quick Reply: TCI paddle shifters