Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E weird problem

Hey guys, figured I would ask over here. I have a 95 Buick Roadmaster, my winter ride, and I put a 96 trans in it sometime ago along with a tune for the car. Runs perfect and shifted perfect as well. So I needed to change out the transmission cooler lines that run forward to the radiator tanks on both sides in a Roadmaster, so pretty much the only lines that I could get were factory replacements for a caprice with an external cooler. so I went that route adding an external cooler. It is plumbed to the rad tank on one side still though.

Anyway, everything seemed fine, until I take it for a spin and the 2<3 shift is happening pretty soon (this is with low throttle) and it will lock up the TCC almost immediately after the shift happens, and if I am anything over half throttle it takes a bit to shift into 4th.

IT never did this before and the only thing that I can relate it to is the temperature that the trans is running at now, which is about 30 degrees cooler than stock. Datalogged the car and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Any thoughts. I have the tune and the datalog if someone would like to take a gander at it and see if something is screwed up in the tune, which I doubt as it was shifting perfect, before the new cooler and lines, or to see if something pops out in the data long, thanks in advance.