Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I wrong or what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Am I wrong or what?

So I'm on the turbo forums and a guy says he is intalling an ls1 with an s400 and a glide. He was asking what type of power he was going to make...keep in ming he was only going to turn the boost up to 14lbs. Well all these people started saying that he was going to be making 500to 550 to the wheels. Well i called bs and politly said that when going from a manual to an uato you lose "rwhp". Roughly 2-300 the less power you make the more you lose so to speak. Now these are rear wheel #'s im speaking about. Now having said that just becuase you make less at the dyno doesnt mean ****. You go faster with the auto hands down. And some tool starts barking at me saying that i dont know what im talking about and that et means nothing in this topic and blah blah blah. Now I work at a performance shop...I build these cars everyday and know what does what when put through 6 speeds and autos, especially glides. In fact my car as well as the owner and one other guys cars are all backed by glides. I think we are pretty knowledgeable about this subject. This guy was going on about it doesnt lose power and that if it did the mph would plummet. Now i know that but that wasnt my argument. My argument was "RWHP" drops. Plain and simple. Was i wrong?

Link
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...topic=146720.0

Last edited by 99mongooSS; 02-10-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that you might loose some if dyno'd with an unlocked converter. I do not think it will be 2-300rwhp though. Obviously with a glide or a TH400 you will not have a TCC but yes I do agree that those numbers will drop some going from a M6. Personally I don't care about dyno numbers its et that matters. Vince