Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e kicks out of 3rd....help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e kicks out of 3rd....help

i have a 2000t/a, i have pulled the trans 3 times and had it rebuilt. i drove it about 3 months after the last rebuild and it started kicking out of 4th and 3rd. it shifts fine through all gears but about 5 miles down the road it kicks out of high gears and wont go back in. After i park it and it sets over night it works but does the same thing. I put it on a scanner and drove it and forced it into 3rd and it works fine, but wont do it on its own. i was told shift silinoids b/c it sat for about a year and they could have gone bad, i replaced them with brand new ones and didn't help at all. Could this be electrical or valve body. Im stumpd. I stuck driving a ranger guys i need some serious help.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my guess on this is that it needs to be rebuilt. Seems like once it heats up the bands are going out. My 4l60e did that sides i had to manually shift it and when it went out it went out with a loud *** bang!! Pay to buy a trans from a trusted company is what i learned. Dont pay a rookie that just opened shop. just my 2cents.