Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some 4l60E Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some 4l60E Help

I have a 98 Trans am. It has a bad TCC solenoid and though while I have the pan down why not install a shift kit. While doing a little reading in here bought a Trans Go kit like this. http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1809

My question is should I also replace the 2nd and 4th servos with billet ones too? Or is this not a good idea? If I do replace the stock ones with the billet ones which company is the best? Also do I used the springs and spacers from the shift kit or the ones that come with the servo kit?
Old 03-27-2011, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Super Kaz
I have a 98 Trans am. It has a bad TCC solenoid and though while I have the pan down why not install a shift kit. While doing a little reading in here bought a Trans Go kit like this. http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1809

My question is should I also replace the 2nd and 4th servos with billet ones too? Or is this not a good idea? If I do replace the stock ones with the billet ones which company is the best? Also do I used the springs and spacers from the shift kit or the ones that come with the servo kit?
I reused the stock ones with good results. It chirps slicks or radials down the racetrack.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboStangJON
I reused the stock ones with good results. It chirps slicks or radials down the racetrack.
Thanks. I would rather not spend the $180 or so if its not going to make a difference.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:24 PM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts

If you are doing this> It chirps slicks or radials down the racetrack. Then this is very hard on the geartrain, and I would advise against it. You want quick and smooth shifts at part throttle, and the shifts at WOT to get firmer, but that is it. With the modified TransGo setup that I use, the spacers are not even offered, as they do nothing but firm up part throttle and are hard on the geartrain. I tailor the kit to match what you have as far as torque converter, rear end gear ratio, how you drive, etc. If you already have the kit, I can email you the modified instructions for it. The larger apply servos have their applications, but it doe not sound like it is needed here. Let me know if I can be of help.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PBA
If you are doing this> It chirps slicks or radials down the racetrack. Then this is very hard on the geartrain, and I would advise against it. You want quick and smooth shifts at part throttle, and the shifts at WOT to get firmer, but that is it. With the modified TransGo setup that I use, the spacers are not even offered, as they do nothing but firm up part throttle and are hard on the geartrain. I tailor the kit to match what you have as far as torque converter, rear end gear ratio, how you drive, etc. If you already have the kit, I can email you the modified instructions for it. The larger apply servos have their applications, but it doe not sound like it is needed here. Let me know if I can be of help.
Well it has been like that for 4-5 years with zero problems so I don't think I'll stop now. It's possible I'm overstating how it shifts because part throttle is excellent and smooth but wide open is very firm and direct.