Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Art Carr Torque Converters- Feedback Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Art Carr Torque Converters- Feedback Wanted

I looking at an Art Carr 3500 stall 9" Billet, lock-up, with anti-ballooning plates... and was wondering what anyone else's feedback is on Art Carr prior to me buyin this. How is there performance, and reliablity? Lemme know if you or someone you know is running one and how they like it or hate it. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6tx
I looking at an Art Carr 3500 stall 9" Billet, lock-up, with anti-ballooning plates... and was wondering what anyone else's feedback is on Art Carr prior to me buyin this. How is there performance, and reliablity? Lemme know if you or someone you know is running one and how they like it or hate it. Thanks.
I have a close friend with a GN that bought that same Art Carr converter for his 200R4. The car makes about 420 to the tire and the converter broke after 3 months of use (maybe 500 miles at most). The crappy part is the transmission was fresh and when it came apart it destroyed a billet input shaft and a billet drum. Upon returning the converter to Art Carr they stated that they had some problems with those converters and they would be happy to send him a new/fresh one. Shitty part is it cost a load of money to rebuild the transmission again after all the stuff the converter destroyed. I personally would never run one of their converters after gave him the "Oh Well" treatment. Needless to say they returned his money in full including the shipping, but that barely covered the cost of the parts it destroyed. I understand they are a good converter company but at the same time the only person I've seen with one had a bad experience. I think that I've also heard that since Art Carr (the person) sold the business it's since changed hands two times and they are running into quality control issues. Buy a FTI, Yank, Vig!

Last edited by TurboStangJON; 04-15-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Art Carr Torque Converters- Feedback Wanted