Sponsored by:

4L60E - No 1st Gear...??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E - No 1st Gear...??

Hey alls...

If you read my other post about the P0758 issue I was having... You know what Ive already been fighting on this stupid truck...

So... After replacing...

Both Shift Solenoids
3-2 Downshift Solenoid
ECU
Ignition Switch

Testing continuity between all the trans related pins on the ecu all the way to the plugs on the solenoids and testing the new solenoids...

I dont have 1st gear...

When in drive, go to take off, truck is in 3rd although my scanner is showing that the trans should be in 1st and both solenoids are on. Manually shift to 1st and the truck is in 2nd....

It shifts fine from 2nd through 4th and has no trouble codes now... So the solenoids are working otherwise I would lose more then one gear...

So... I'm planning on dropping the pan yet again come saturday morning and I want to know what in the world would cause me to just lose 1st gear? Is it in the valve body or what? What should I be looking for??

Please help
Thanks
-Chris
Old 06-03-2011, 05:50 AM
On The Tree

Any insight guys? I dont really want to tear into it and not know what I'm looking for..

Thansk again
-Chris
Old 06-03-2011, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Forgot to mention....

After we replaced the solenoids, the truck was driven maybe 20 miles being shifted manually to 2nd on takeoffs... When we dropped the pan again to check the wiring to the solenoids, there was already a thin layer of clutch material on the bottom of the pan again....

I was talking to a local shop this morning and they are thinking that the valve body is plugged up and possibly has burnt the band or clutches out of it...

Owner is ready to order a new trans.... is this the right direction or is there something simple we could be overlooking?

Thanks again guys
-Chris

Quick Reply: 4L60E - No 1st Gear...??