Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 Z28 Transmission pressure problem

Old 06-03-2011, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Z28 Transmission pressure problem

Hey guys, I found myself back in an Fbody just not exactly what I expected its an 95 Z ttop - auto trans...

I have a transmission pressure problem, When I have it in overdrive its surging. I was told by the 1st owner there is a solenoid that regulates the pressure, and the Chevy dealer did the diagnoses with an OBDI scanner. I was told its rather easy to get too because it connected to the valve body.

Does this sound like it maybe true?

Again the car surges in probably every gear but because it builds much more pressure in 1st through 3rd its not so obvious. In Overdrive you can feel it surging. This isn't slippage just feels like its not getting the right pressure, can you help me out with some advice?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Did you check for codes? It sounds like more of an engine problem then trans. Does the trans come in & out of gear?
Old 06-04-2011, 02:58 AM
On The Tree

the motor is 100%.. The previous owner had it scanned at the dealer and it threw a code a pressure regulator solenoid ... is what I was told
Old 06-04-2011, 03:01 AM
On The Tree

The trans does not slip, or drop/change gears in any way other than it was designed to operate.. although because the pressure is off the tras just surges and shifts to second way early and same with third ... it surges in 3rd and Overdrive
Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Ok first it cant shift early due to presure you have a control issue something in tuning possibly a MAF sensor or TPS. No these things do not have to set a code when somethings wrong contrary to thought. As long as they are within there operating range though stillworng they wont set a code. IMO your dealing with a tuning issue or sensor issue calibration .Likley the MAFF as it can cause both surging and early shifts. Most people are unaware of the place the MAFF has in the trans function and blame the trans instead and chase there tails around.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-05-2011, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the tip, any suggestions on a fix

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1995 Z28 Transmission pressure problem