Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newest old Sponsor checking in!

Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Newest old Sponsor checking in!

Hey gang,

I thought I would take a few minutes to introduce myself since I've been posting again here recently. I'm Gilbert. I own and operate ACE Racing Transmissions. We are located in the Dallas Fort worth area. Specifically in Garland, Texas.

I have been a Sponsor on Tech in the past, got away from that and went a different direction. I've spent a bunch of time at the race tracks as a Crew Chief and Tuner on some pretty fast cars. I'm currently the Race Director of the Outlaw Top Sportsman series here in North Texas. We run a 4.70 index on an 1/8 mile racetrack.

I am the Crew Chief and Tuner of Clint Satterfields S-10 ProMod truck. We run a 782 cid mountain motor on 4 rather large nitrous systems.

I also Tune Mike McGraws Top Sportsman 2002 Camaro. That car sports a 632 inch mill on one system.

I was hired to manage the Powerglide / transmission program in Tom Malouf's Outlaw 10.5 Mustang in '09. That car sported a Proline 632" motor with twin 94mm Pro Mod turbos on M5 fuel. We went as fast as 4.38 @ 178 at 3,240 lbs. We campaigned it in the Texas Outlaw 10.5 series we called King of the Hill.

I've done extensive research and development on the 60e and 80e among other transmissions. I have extensive depth in the industry and am proud to say I have relationships with the best of the best transmission builders nationwide.

If you need anything feel free to give me a shout! I'll do my best to be on the boards here and at Tech in order to help you guys with stuff that comes up.

Thanks for the bandwidth!

g
Old 08-17-2011, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Welcome aboard Gill. Gil comes to us with some great knowledge not only in building performance transmissions but also in building race cars and performance vehicles. I have seen many photo's of the projects he has been involved in and they are sick machines to say the least. I could go on and on but I'll leave that up to Gil! Great to see you here buddy and I look forward to seeing some of your projects in the future. Vince
Old 08-17-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey gilbert welcome back!

glad your back......you really helped me out last time you were on board.

congrats on where you been & where you are going.....
Old 08-18-2011, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

What's up dude? Thanks for the comments, glad to have been able to make a difference for you back then bud.

How've you been?

g
Old 08-18-2011, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Vince B
Welcome aboard Gill. Gil comes to us with some great knowledge not only in building performance transmissions but also in building race cars and performance vehicles. I have seen many photo's of the projects he has been involved in and they are sick machines to say the least. I could go on and on but I'll leave that up to Gil! Great to see you here buddy and I look forward to seeing some of your projects in the future. Vince
Thanks Vince, I appreciate your kind words buddy. I'm looking forward to doing some good things for folks here.

I have some ideas for future builds. Looking for the right car or two to come along ya know.

g
Old 08-19-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gilbert@Ace Racing
What's up dude? Thanks for the comments, glad to have been able to make a difference for you back then bud.

How've you been?

g
been good gilbert......
sold the auto car & went back to the slow side,m6.
ran a 10.8 @ 128 with the old 12 bolt in it last year...i need some seat time.
decided to do a 9".......picked up a mwfab9 & found a used center section on racing junk....blew the center up the first time at the track,2nd pass & the car is still on stands.

glad to have you back!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Welcome to/back to the boards man! Its always interesting to see different points of view from different trans buiders.

Makes for some great reading, most times anyways. lOL

Anyhow, welcome back man! You should do a give away as a coming home party I know a certain RX7 that could use a new transmission, LMAO!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Those are some serious rides.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome back Gil!

I was looking for some advice a while back and seen that you were banned. You are and have been nothing but help to the board. What was that all about?
Old 08-22-2011, 05:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by gt35built
Those are some serious rides.
Thanks, I am blessed to be able to do what I love to do every day.

I had mentioned earlier that I was scheduled to make the trip to Colorado. Well I couldn't make it.

But, Clint did stay in touch over the weekend. He called me to say he qualified 4th out of 8 cars in the Pro Mod quick 8. Then lost to a blower car in the 1st round by .030. But, the cool thing is he ran 6.72 @ 207mph with a D/A that was in the 9,500' range! That my friends is hauling ***! I'll see the truck in a few weeks down here in D/FW at our next TOPMA race.

g
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Welcome back Gil!

I was looking for some advice a while back and seen that you were banned. You are and have been nothing but help to the board. What was that all about?
Thanks for asking, and thanks for thinking about me.

Oh just a little disagreement between me and the folks who run the website. Nothing too big at all. At the same time I was going through some tough times personally, so it was best that I stepped away from here for a while.

It took me a little time to get to the point where I was comfortable working with the workload volume being here represents... I don't like saying I can do something and at the same time feel like I am not capable of producing the high level product I am known for. I feel like that isn't fair to anyone involved, so I focused on the local racing scene hard core and have been having a blast in the meantime!

Give me a shout anytime you need anything... I got your back bud!

g
Old 08-23-2011, 04:04 AM
11 Second Club

^^Thanks and don't worry. When my th400 ***** the bed, you know who I'll be calling

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newest old Sponsor checking in!