Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 ss glide installed...first drive today

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 ss glide installed...first drive today

finally got the glide going..got tired of breaking 4l60s,had a bad *** glide laying around...thought....why not....well it does work....little low geared for street driving...but not nearly as hard as alot of people think...and couldnt get any help off here before i started...if anyone wants to do one,let me know..have lots of pics ...and will try to help with your questions...havent taken it to the track yet...but did waste a mustang on the street today... still gotta get the speedo working and figure out what im doing with my trans brake switch......
Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions or issues with your powerglide.

I build them very, very often. Many of my clients are in the 4 second range in 1/8 mile racing. I am a Dealer for Transmission Specialties and ATI.

I got your back man!

g
Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your car doesnt have abs then tap the speedo into the left from wheel speed sensor and change the calibration via hp tuners. There are some threads in here on how to do it. For the track a glide will be great. On the street it will take some to get it moving because of the tall first gear, 1.76 or 1.82. In high gear it will be the same as any other 3 speed.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input guys...after killing a few built 4l60s i decided to go with the tried and true glide.....ended up losing almost 200 lbs out of the car and picked up a transbrake...so that should really help the 60 ft times...went for the first test drive in it last weekend and was 3200 rpm at 60-65 mph...not liking that so much.....as for the abs...its still there but may have to remove it when i go to the larger blower...allready pretty tight