Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Madman 4l80e dipstick

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Madman 4l80e dipstick

Is anyone using one of these with any success? I have spent 2 days now trying to get it in and its not going. Starting to think I received the wrong one cuz I cannot see any possible way its going to fit.... If anyone has pics of one installed in a 4th gen please post them up.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

If the trans is installed its next to impossible to install the dipstick. You need to install the dipstick at the same time you are installing the tranny.

Avoid nutswingers: for genuine Madman products, buy only from authorized dealers - http://madmanandcoracing.com/dealers.htm

Authorized dealer for AFCO, Mickey Thompson, and Strange Engineering

Last edited by MADMAN; 08-25-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

i have one in mine it was a little tight going in but once in its great and filling is a breeze and has locking cap. here's the top of it so you have an ideal of where it should point out the top.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the pic badss! Did you put that in after the tranny was installed or at the same time? Im going back outside now to pull the passenger valve cover to see if that helps any
Old 08-27-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to tell you bro,,, You aint getting that dipstick in, with the trans bolted up,, It has to be put in with the tranny out, I had to wiggle mine in place while positioning the tranny up into place. YOU can try all you want,,,IF you do it, You will be the first guy I have ever heard of succeeding in this. One of the downfalls of the motor being so far behind the cowl...
Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your only hope is to really drop the rear of the transmission. The exhaust is going to be a problem you need to deal with. Long tube headers will make it even harder as you can't get your hands in anywhere. Don't ask me how I know.

Put a Lokar on mine and I absolutely hate it. Mine has a TH400 in it and the regular dipstick tubes end up being "unreachable." Was able to mount the Lokar on the intake, and that's the only good thing about it.

Good luck.

Al 95 Z28
Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Well it took forever and wasnt fun at all but its in! Unbolting the crossmember and letting it hang definitely helped but it still took alot of work. I ended up taking off the passenger valve cover along with the injector wires and wire loom strap that is bolted to the back of the head. Then with alittle tweaking and cursing I got it in. The 1 7/8's ARH surprisingly didn't get in the way that bad.

Thanks again +badss+ for the pic, that really helped me get an idea where it needed to go..... 4l80e Lokar for sale

Quick Reply: Madman 4l80e dipstick