Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH350 3-2 downshift

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH350 3-2 downshift

So the other night I pulled a major oopps. I ran the car up from a roll through the gears. Pulled it up to about 110. I went to relax the shifter so I could just put it in nuetral and roll to my drive the rest of the way. Well I relaxed it a little to much and bumped 2nd for not much more than a second or two. Now today when I drove it I noticed something odd. No 3-2 downshift. It will engage second on the downshift but does not pull the rpms in the downshift. You can throttle it up and it is in 2nd. It will meet up around the converter stall speed, 3600rpm, unless in a slow roll it is sooner. It will also do a second gear take off just fine. I do not feel any slipping or any other odd behavior. The trans was just built no more than 5000mi ago. Trans go fmvb kit, hurst quarter stick and Yank 3600 is what Im working with. I have yet to drop the pan and inspect anything, prob wont be able to with work untill the weekend. I was just looking for what to maybe expect or what damage could be done. It acts like it is still coasting in 3rd almost untill you throttle it any. But it is for sure still engaging 2nd. It just does not pull down the engine rpms at all in a 2nd gear downshift. I am hoping that I didnt kill something in it.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Intermediate band is damaged.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you sir. Im assuming I should pull it asap or is there any ill affect if it were drove any?

Quick Reply: TH350 3-2 downshift