Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4L60E issue

well i'm a newbie regarding transmissions, but i'd like your advice, my 4L60E has a problem with shifting gears, i don't know maybe it is just its way of working, running it by manual, you just make the shift at full throttle, it is not done until you lift throttle or it is at 6500 rpm, shift it's been done at 5000 rpm or sooner and you get same results. any input?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a lot that goes into a shift sequence in a factory tuned, factory build 4l60e. Is your car bone stock or has it been modified in any way?

g
Old 09-19-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gilbert@Ace Racing
There is a lot that goes into a shift sequence in a factory tuned, factory build 4l60e. Is your car bone stock or has it been modified in any way?

g
it is all stock, i wonder if it should work this way coming stock from factory, or it is just working wrong...
Old 09-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Teching In

i needed some advice on this transmission from B n M performance if i would get my moneys worth out of it or should i just stick with the Gm factory trans?? that's the link to the BnM transmission.. im kinda new to this stuff so yeah.....

http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/GM/...ne-converter_3
Old 09-19-2011, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats good info, thanks for getting back to me. It's not abnormal to see a "delayed" upshift in a stock transmission. When I build a performance unit, the primary thing I am looking for is a quick and firm upshift that is not violent.

Feel free to call me if you'd like more information or would like to discuss where you're expectations oughta be short term and long term based on your goals and budget.

g