Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RevMax

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thumbs up RevMax

Hey Tom glad to see your a Sponsor on this site now. I love that converter I got from you a couple of weeks ago. AA+++
Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would Revmaxx mind posting in here and giving the low down on their converters. Thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Would Revmaxx mind posting in here and giving the low down on their converters. Thanks
x2 on that. Hearing all about these, but don't really know who really makes them or what
Old 10-12-2011, 03:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

In for Revmax's response also......
Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me too...ive heard mixed unreliable reviews
Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
x2 on that. Hearing all about these, but don't really know who really makes them or what
RevMax makes them in in their plant in Charlotte NC, The guy's name is Tom.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

I am interested to hear what the RevMax guy says as well.

Judging from past heated RevMax threads, this is shaping up to be the calm before the storm. Unfortunately, regardless of what the RevMax guy says, some people are still going to hate on their converters.

Last edited by FastKat; 10-12-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

They are a sponsor, hating will be against forum rules.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

x2 on all the above...
Old 10-12-2011, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

they are a sponsor, hating will be against forum rules.
lol qft
Old 10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Banned

Hello LS1Tech.com!
It has come to our attention that a lot of you in the community have a lot of questions about our products .etc. So, this post may be a bit long winded, but we will try to both answer questions as well as educate the community on both our product and torque converters in general. We want to be an asset to the community, not just push products, so please feel free to PM us or post questions and we will do our best to answer them for you!

There is a lot of misconception about our line of converters we offer for LSx based vehicles. We offer two different base converters, our stage 3 and stage 5. So let’s talk about the differences…. We offer two different units because we feel that while a stage 5 unit will work for all, it is overkill in many setups, and our stage 3 converter will work perfectly for most users. Since the stage 3 units are nearly $400 cheaper it gives you the opportunity to do other things with that money then buy a converter that is way overbuilt for your application. Now, please do not compare our stage 3 units with a Billet Yank, Circle D or PI converter. That is not a fair comparison for us or our competitors product! Now with that being said, our stage 5 units are going to be identical to the other “big name” billet converters.
Stage 3: Based off a 245mm core. They have a furnace brazed impeller and turbine. We also go back thru and tig the roots of the turbine and pump blades to add additional support. We use the stiffest damper/ piston support offered, and combine that with several different clutch friction options. They are available with either Kevlar, High Carbon, or Woven Carbon Fiber. These units are rated and have been thoroughly tested up to 500hp. They are available in N/A and F/I nitrous trims. These units are not designed to be locked up under full power. However they are perfectly fine for serious track abuse, and are essentially the same converter as our stage 5, just without a billet piston, and billet front cover. Prices start at $299 for NA and $419 for the fully loaded nitrous / F/I unit. 1 yr unlimited mileage warranty. 30 day money back satisfaction guaranty!

Stage 5: Based off a 245mm or 258mm core depending on the application. They have a furnace brazed impeller and turbine. We also go back thru and tig the roots of the turbine and pump blades to add additional support. 1 piece billet springless damper piston and billet front cover. In addition, the lockup clutch surface area is nearly 3 times larger than that of our stage 3. This unit is recommended for applications making 500+HP or for those who wish to lockup their converter under full power. Price is $725, and includes all upgrades. . 2 yr unlimited mileage warranty. 30 day money back satisfaction guaranty!

The Guts: So now, let’s talk about the “guts” of our converters and everybody elses. While this has been stated by others in the past there still seems to be confusion on this topic. There is not a single converter builder that is currently producing their own brand new turbines or pumps. Now when you buy a 245mm converter, regardless of where it comes from, it will be built off a 245mm core. The stator, impeller, and turbine will all be used from the original donor core. However, when you see what they look like before to after, it is easy to think that they are brand new when in fact they are not. This core comes from mid eighties to early 2000’s FWD GM cars. All converter builders use these cores and parts to build racing converter, ALL OF US, PERIOD!! So yes, even the most expensive converter you will buy from us or anywhere else for your LSx vehicle will have FWD “Cavalier” 4cyl and 6cyl components consisting of the majority of the internals. Now, after these parts are modified they can easily withstand 1500+hp, so it is irrelevant where they came from. Attached is a picture of an OEM “cavalier” pump and turbine as they come from the factory. Also you will see the same parts machined, furnace brazed and ready for use in our various racing converters. The same goes for 258mm converters. Just these cores come from 1998+ GM FWD vehicles. Some applications will even use a blend of 245mm and 258mm parts.

I hope this answers some of the confusion and misconceptions on our converters and converters in general. Again, please let us know your questions and we will do our best to answer them. There are a lot of good converter suppliers and we are just another option for you. With that being said our converters are a high quality unit, and are just as good as the “big names”, we simply give you more options. We would also like to give the LS1tech community an open invitation to come by anytime to our manufacturing facility. In fact, you can even watch your converter being built! We also race our shop car each Thursday at Mooresville Dragway in Mooresville, NC and we would be happy to meet you and discuss your questions in person.

Thank you for your time!
Revmax Converters
4520 Westinghouse Blvd Suite B
Charlotte, NC 28273
704-247-9781
Old 10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

To be fair, some of the "big name" companies have cheaper options on converters as well. PTC and Circle D both offer converters in the 400$ range. PTC also offers converter than run 1,000$+.

I will tell you this, just by becoming a sponsor your following and support grew. Your credibility grew a ton. For no other reason than you pay 300$ a month to be a sponsor.
I don't know why this is, mindset of people I guess. Until me and a few other members started strongly pushing people to use PTC converters, they were virtually non existent on this forum. For most, if they aren't a sponsor it is an inferior product.
I actually had someone ask me why if PTC built a better product than Yank (performance wise) why they weren't a sponsor and Yank was. LOL

Yank, and now, Circle D, somewhat have a monopoly on ls1tech.com. They both build an A+ product and compete with all the other big dogs, each having pros and cons.. But there are a couple other companies that make close to as good performing, the same performing, and better performing companies but for some reason out of 50 people 40 will be Yank/Circle D and the other 10 will be split between FTI/PI/PTC.
It is quite sad that people are so quick to jump on a band wagon so quick.

How about the efficiency of your converters? I will be honest, with the few converters I have seen from your company, I have not been too highly impressed with the 60' times. If you know of any Ls setups running your converter and getting down, I would be interested in the setup and the times.

*Cut this a little short and didn't proof read I'm on my way out the door to work.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Banned

OEM TURBINE VIEW 1

OEM TURBINE VIEW 2

FURNACE BRAZED TURBINE VIEW 1

FURNACE BRAZED TURBINE VIEW 2

FURNACE BRAZED IMPELLER VIEW 1

FURNACE BRAZED IMPELLER VIEW 2

OEM IMPELLER

OEM IMPELLER 2

Last edited by Revmax; 10-13-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

On your website, it says the stage 3 converters are rated at 750hp, but you stated they are tested & rated at 500hp in your post.. Is the 750 rating with all of the optional upgrades etc? And is this the same for the TH350 converters?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MM98
On your website, it says the stage 3 converters are rated at 750hp, but you stated they are tested & rated at 500hp in your post.. Is the 750 rating with all of the optional upgrades etc? And is this the same for the TH350 converters?
Unfortunately there are some typos on the website, and we are in the process of a total renovation of it so that should be fixed shortly. Our stage 3 lockup converters are rated up to 500HP. Our non lockup stage 3 units i.e. 350, 400, PG .etc units are rated at 750HP w\ all of the upgrades, $325 for GM units and $399 for Fords... Then our next level up is our stage 4 units for the non lockups, and stage 5 for lockups. Both are billet units...
Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned

To be fair, some of the "big name" companies have cheaper options on converters as well. PTC and Circle D both offer converters in the 400$ range. PTC also offers converter than run 1,000$+.

I will tell you this, just by becoming a sponsor your following and support grew. Your credibility grew a ton. For no other reason than you pay 300$ a month to be a sponsor.
I don't know why this is, mindset of people I guess. Until me and a few other members started strongly pushing people to use PTC converters, they were virtually non existent on this forum. For most, if they aren't a sponsor it is an inferior product.
I actually had someone ask me why if PTC built a better product than Yank (performance wise) why they weren't a sponsor and Yank was. LOL

Yank, and now, Circle D, somewhat have a monopoly on ls1tech.com. They both build an A+ product and compete with all the other big dogs, each having pros and cons.. But there are a couple other companies that make close to as good performing, the same performing, and better performing companies but for some reason out of 50 people 40 will be Yank/Circle D and the other 10 will be split between FTI/PI/PTC.
It is quite sad that people are so quick to jump on a band wagon so quick.

How about the efficiency of your converters? I will be honest, with the few converters I have seen from your company, I have not been too highly impressed with the 60' times. If you know of any Ls setups running your converter and getting down, I would be interested in the setup and the times.

*Cut this a little short and didn't proof read I'm on my way out the door to work.
Yes, PTC too makes a very nice unit as well, Kenny is a great guy!

If you get out our way, we have several SBF nitrous cars running 100 shots clicking off 1.20-1.35 60's on drag radials around Charlotte. As we custom build each converter, we can tweak the unit to be tailored exactly to each customers setup. So we can have extremely HIGH STR setups that will launch like a banshee, but will be a bit less efficient (awesome street car) or we can do a more moderate STR and have a very efficient converter down the track, downside is you will always lose a bit of launch off the line.... Like the old saying goes, there is always give and take, and converters are no different!

Old 10-12-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Revmax
Unfortunately there are some typos on the website, and we are in the process of a total renovation of it so that should be fixed shortly. Our stage 3 lockup converters are rated up to 500HP. Our non lockup stage 3 units i.e. 350, 400, PG .etc units are rated at 750HP w\ all of the upgrades, $325 for GM units and $399 for Fords... Then our next level up is our stage 4 units for the non lockups, and stage 5 for lockups. Both are billet units...
Gotcha.. Just so we're clear, for $325 I can get your TH350 converter that is rated to 750hp? The $269 on the website is a base stall, no upgrades & good for what hp? Thanks!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the pics dont work
Old 10-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MM98
Gotcha.. Just so we're clear, for $325 I can get your TH350 converter that is rated to 750hp? The $269 on the website is a base stall, no upgrades & good for what hp? Thanks!
Yes, $325 would be our fully optioned 9.5" rated at 750HP, the only thing it will not have but could be added would be a spragless stator.... $269 is the base unit, no upgrades..... Ratings you really can't go strictly by the HP it is rated for 500HP on N/A applications, no power adders though... If you are spraying or F/I we would always recommend the $325 version, that has the stronger sprag, and anti balloon plates! If you are spraing 200+ NOS then you would be best suited in our billet unit, $499.00. Call us and we would be happy to help spec one out for you and help you pick the correct converter!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mike171562
the pics dont work
They should be up in the AM, our computer that we were uploading with is having issues...

Quick Reply: RevMax