Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decipher what broke

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help me decipher what broke

I took the car out tonight and on the way home I pulled out from an intersection and rolled into the throttle to about 4500rpm. The car shifted into 2 gear then nosed over. I gave slight throttle and nothing, it just revved. I immediately drifted into a parking lot and called a flatbed service. While waiting for the flatbed to show up I put the car in drive and it would lurch forward with a clunking sound that appeared to be coming from the transmission area. I put the car in reverse and nothing, it would just rev, no movement at all. While in reverse a whining or wheezing noise was coming from the transmission area. I put the car in park to wait for the flatbed to arrive and when I did the car started to drift backwards (the parking lot was slightly inclined). When the flatbed arrived the operator was able to winch the car up onto the bed with the car in neutral, no problem. Once we arrived at my house the flat bed operator was able to tilt the bed and the car rolled off onto my driveway no problem. I then had my wife get inside put the car in neutral so I could push it into the garage. The car was in neutral brakes were off and this thing would not move! I had her put the car in drive and it woul lurch forward with some throttle again clunking along. I got my jack out of the garage, jacked up the rear enough to get the wheels off the ground and pushed it backwards about a foot until the car came off the jack, and to my amazement the was now free to push forward or backward.
I'm leaning To a problem with TC but I'm not really sure, at time it felt like the rear end was blown up. Also the transmission was rebuilt in May of last year and I really don't trust the shop that rebuilt it mainly the quality of TC that was put back in, but I digress.
Another thing I noticed started happening a couple of months back. Every so often when I start the car it would want to move forward a hair just on start up. I don't know if that is a common sign of a TC going bad or not.
Any information you guys can provide or advice as to what might be damaged I wod greatly appreciate.

Thanks Jason
Old 10-18-2011, 02:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

No a converter would not cause that you have broken something internal in the trans probably the rear planet

Call 888-744-6542