Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More 4L60E Problems! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default More 4L60E Problems! Help!

I recently swapped my burned up 4L60E in my 2000 SS for a used 60k mile unit. Other changes done at the same time were:

New Cyl Heads
Circle D 3200 Stall
Trans Cooler

My old trans already had a Derale Deep pan on it, so I swapped that also.

So I was told the used trans was in perfect working order, and came out of a rollover. The motor was used in a sand-rail which was mated to a T56.

So after tinkering and checking the fluid level over and over, I have problems. The car acts like it doesn't want to move unless I rev it up, slips in and out of gear (1st and Reverse) and when I finally got it to shift thru every gear, it would lock and unlock in OD.

At any rate, Ive talked to Ryne @ CMS and Chris @ Circle D and they both seem to think it's a tranny issue.

What specfically would cause all this?

I'm pissed cause I have to tow it to the trans shop, and I need to have an alignment done before I can do a real road test.

Not to mention the guy I bought the trans from (an actual business) told me that I'm out of warranty and to go fly a kite. The warranty was for 6 months, It took 3 weeks for me to get the trans, and I was almost sure it was a computer issue before I spoke to Ryne this morning.

I'm trying to get a feel for what specifically could cause this before I call the trans shop.

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be a number of things, any codes in the computer? If the pressure control solenoid is not working right you can have the same issues you are describing..

But on a side note it very well could be a bad transmission too, so don't just throw a solenoid on it and hope it fixes it.. take it to a reputable trans shop and have them look at it, most times the don't charge for the initial evaluation.. well we don't anyway..