Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with th400 swap. what parts to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 05:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so I am building a 2001 with the stock ls6 block and I will be using the th400 as I will be in the higher hp with boost so as long as I use the bmr cross member and a yank converter and yank flexplate I should be fine then
Old 09-23-2016, 07:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GHOST Z
ok so I am building a 2001 with the stock ls6 block and I will be using the th400 as I will be in the higher hp with boost so as long as I use the bmr cross member and a yank converter and yank flexplate I should be fine then
You don't HAVE to use the yank converter and flexplate. There are several other options and brands to use for the swap. As long as your parts coincide you will be alright. here's a good list of parts to get you going. All of which we supply.

-Perf. built TH400 rated to handle your power range
-BMR cross member
-appropriately designed performance converter that fits your flexplate, motor, and transmission(Our new covers will fit any LS or LT flexplate as they have all 3 bolt patterns)
-quality transmission cooler with the appropriate fittings and lines
-a dished LS SFI approved flex plate or a flat LT style flexplate with a spacer
-quality transmission yoke and driveshaft

If you like we can assemble a kit for you that will include everything listed above. All of our driveshaft are PST brand and we are dealers for BMR as well.
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 09-23-2016, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Default driveshaft

I read somewhere that a 9 inch and 10 bolt took ssamellength driveshaft
Old 09-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FTICONVERTERS
You don't HAVE to use the yank converter and flexplate. There are several other options and brands to use for the swap. As long as your parts coincide you will be alright. here's a good list of parts to get you going. All of which we supply.

-Perf. built TH400 rated to handle your power range
-BMR cross member
-appropriately designed performance converter that fits your flexplate, motor, and transmission(Our new covers will fit any LS or LT flexplate as they have all 3 bolt patterns)
-quality transmission cooler with the appropriate fittings and lines
-a dished LS SFI approved flex plate or a flat LT style flexplate with a spacer
-quality transmission yoke and driveshaft

If you like we can assemble a kit for you that will include everything listed above. All of our driveshaft are PST brand and we are dealers for BMR as well.
Well I haven't decided if I'm going to go with yank /fti or wat I wanna use yeti is a fully built ls6 with a large turbo like 106mm large with a 4000 ish stall and a th400 fully built to hold 1200hp monster sells a grate set up and a mwc fab 9" hurst quarter stick pistol grip 8.5 cage just doin everythinges the best I can for an at home build got alot of time into it now
Old 09-23-2016, 11:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well I haven't decided if I'm going to go with yank /fti or wat I wanna use yeti is a fully built ls6 with a large turbo like 106mm large with a 4000 ish stall and a th400 fully built to hold 1200hp monster sells a grate set up and a mwc fab 9" hurst quarter stick pistol grip 8.5 cage just doin everythinges the best I can for an at home build got alot of time into it now
Is this how the car sits now or future plans? youre last post said the motor was stock...

Depending on your motor tune up I'd be willing to bet you will be pushing the envelope on a 1200HP unit with that 106mm turbo, I would go with a unit like our level 5 TH400 which is rated to 2,000HP.
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com

Last edited by FTICONVERTERS; 09-26-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FTICONVERTERS
Is this how the car sits now or future plans? youre last post said the motor was stock...

Depending on your motor tune up I'd be willing to bet you will be pushing the envelope on a 1200HP unit with that 106mm turbo, I would go with a unit like our level 4.5 TH400 which is rated to 2,000HP.
Yes this is the way it is now an no it is a built ls6 wat I was saying is it is the stock block from the car but has been built and as of now if it makes anything over 1001 jp it'll be tuned back then cause i don't wanna push everyth ok ng to the max and see wa t kinda hp I can make my goal is to have a 800/1000 hp that is still driveable and some wat reliable
Old 09-26-2016, 07:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yes this is the way it is now an no it is a built ls6 wat I was saying is it is the stock block from the car but has been built and as of now if it makes anything over 1001 jp it'll be tuned back then cause i don't wanna push everyth ok ng to the max and see wa t kinda hp I can make my goal is to have a 800/1000 hp that is still driveable and some wat reliable
Gotcha. We could get away with our level 4.5 then which is rated too 1100HP. You're definitely going to need a custom built converter for this application which we can definitely help you with. If you want to shoot me a PM, email or call us at the shop we can talk pricing and get a package put together for you. We also have a new Blow-off valve for the TH400s that help tremendously with spooling the turbo if you plan to take this to the track.
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com

Last edited by FTICONVERTERS; 09-26-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Quick Reply: help with th400 swap. what parts to buy?