Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l65e pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l65e pressure?

I had my stock 4L60 in my 03 1500 2wd truck break the corner off the planetary and wipe out the rest of the tranny about 2 years ago. Had a well known shop with a well known tranny builder build it back up as a 4l65e. he put drilled and put in bigger valves, solonoids, etc, to bump up the pressure and I also had a performance shop tune the tranny and bump up pressure and change shift points. the tranny has been working flawlessly for the past 2 years.
Last weekend I was driving down the freeway when I started going up a hill and noticed it wasn't wanting to lock into 3rd, it would slip and rpm's would climb til I let off the gas. I eventually lost 3rd and 4th went with it.
I called my buddy that built the trans and he told me I lost the hub. He said the hub starts a leak and causes it to lose pressure on 3rd, causing it to smoke the gear, then once 3rd is gone, you have no 4th because 4th needs 3rd to run.

Anyways, my question is, i'm having it built back up into a 4l65e again, but is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen again? Is it possible that it had too much pressure and thats why it started the pressure leak on 3rd? any opinions on what I could do to make it more reliable?

Thanks in advance.

Edwin

Quick Reply: 4l65e pressure?