Sponsored by:

4l80 ---> 2011 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Default 4l80 ---> 2011 camaro

Tighter then a tenth grader

Have to cut out the trans plug area (in marker in the photos) and take about 1/8" off of the rail on the opposite side where the trans pan is resting against it. Going to try to beat it in with an air hammer first, but will probably just notch it. Once the car is road mobile in a week or two it will be going to a chassis shop to have the rails professionally boxed around the cuts. I'm no fabricator, just a sawzall/die grinder master
Old 12-10-2011, 11:08 PM
10 Second Club

Oh lovely, a DOUBLE frame. (This is the trans tunnel frame, not the car's frame rail. There are actually two seperate rails on the car, pretty neat)

Finally done. Ugly as ****... good as it's going to get on my back in the garage. Can make it pretty later with a plasma cutter before I have it boxed in with plate steel. Onto the other side, the easy side.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

I looked and looked and looked it it just seemed like I could get enough room on the pass side not to even touch the rail. I was successful.

Step 1: Trim the corner of the trans pan around the actual transmission (this pan overhangs for no reason.. yours may or may not)

Step 2: Picture is self explanatory

Finished product, no more tunnel contact. There is ~1/8" of clearance at the pan rail to frame now, should be completely sufficient.