Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!4L60E problems....considering t56 swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!!!4L60E problems....considering t56 swap

well im pretty sure my 4l60e took a dump....wont shift out of first and vibrates when you have your foot on the gas....anyone have any idea what would be wrong with it and how much it would cost....im debating just getting everything for a 6 speed swap cuz i like them better anyways and im thinking they will cost about the same....BTW i have a 400ish HP LQ9....if anyone could help figure out what all i would need for a swap that would be great and what to do as far as electronics and PCM and what not

Any help is appreciated
Old 12-30-2011, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol the price swap is NOT the same. your junk 4l60 is worth a measily 200 dollar core.. a bone stock T56 is gonna run you over 1k.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000SSMAN
well im pretty sure my 4l60e took a dump....wont shift out of first and vibrates when you have your foot on the gas....anyone have any idea what would be wrong with it and how much it would cost....im debating just getting everything for a 6 speed swap cuz i like them better anyways and im thinking they will cost about the same....BTW i have a 400ish HP LQ9....if anyone could help figure out what all i would need for a swap that would be great and what to do as far as electronics and PCM and what not

Any help is appreciated
wow man, that sounds bad. well i thought i would just throw this out there so here it is. a good rebuilt 4l60 e should cost you around 2k installed. a t56 built right is about 1700 if you supply the unit and install it on your own. plus you will need the flywheel, clutch, and hydralics. probably another 700. then you need clutch pedal assembly. sounds pretty expensive to me. i run a transmission shop and have two t56s im doing right now and most are pretty beat up. 4l60e's are cheap to build in comparison.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gofasterdammit
wow man, that sounds bad. well i thought i would just throw this out there so here it is. a good rebuilt 4l60 e should cost you around 2k installed. a t56 built right is about 1700 if you supply the unit and install it on your own. plus you will need the flywheel, clutch, and hydralics. probably another 700. then you need clutch pedal assembly. sounds pretty expensive to me. i run a transmission shop and have two t56s im doing right now and most are pretty beat up. 4l60e's are cheap to build in comparison.
Honestly I just couldn't see myself putting 2k in an a4...just like m6 better...but when u say rebuilt 4l60e do u mean built to factory specs or for higher hp?
Old 12-31-2011, 09:09 AM
Launching!

a good built 4l60e with upgraded parts will cost between $1600-2500.depending on the builder and what stage you want.t56 swap will be around 3k after its all said and done.dont go budget on the tranny.hell i can take one apart and put it back together,but with these trannies,you definatley need someone with experience building the 4l60e's.otherwise you will be wasting money.i wasted $800 on 2 local builds last year.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000SSMAN
Honestly I just couldn't see myself putting 2k in an a4...just like m6 better...but when u say rebuilt 4l60e do u mean built to factory specs or for higher hp?
i mean hi performance. the difference in the price of parts for a transmission shop to build a stock unit to a hi-po is maybe 100 bucks. alot of shops call rebuilt finding what is broke, fixing it, cleaning up the case and they say its rebuilt. not all shops are like that but many are. thats how they make the most money they can. when you go in to talk tell them what you want and see what they offer. if you dont feel like they can do it for you try someone else.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Leeroyws6
a good built 4l60e with upgraded parts will cost between $1600-2500.depending on the builder and what stage you want.t56 swap will be around 3k after its all said and done.dont go budget on the tranny.hell i can take one apart and put it back together,but with these trannies,you definatley need someone with experience building the 4l60e's.otherwise you will be wasting money.i wasted $800 on 2 local builds last year.
there are millions of 4l60s out there and my shop builds a few hundred a year. sounds like you found one of those shops that call repairs rebuilds. id suggest finding someone else. by now 4l60s are old transmissions and any shop should be able to build a good unit.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Wink

Thanks for all the help....I'm taking it to a transmission shop Tuesday....ill let u all know what they say

Quick Reply: Help!!!4L60E problems....considering t56 swap