Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank SS4000 stall question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yank SS4000 stall question?

So i just got done with my build on my 98 t/a. I did heads and cam. The heads are prc stage 2.5 ls6 heads and a magic stick 3. I am an auto stock 4l60e. I installed the yank ss400 stall along with the transgo shift kit as well. I also installed a b&m super cooler rated at 24,000 gvw. The car runs great. I broke in the torque converter as instructed. After break in, i went wot and man!!! This thing was an entire different car.especially, with this torque converter that always keeps me in my power band. I love it!! Anyways, last saturday i was at a red light. The light turned green. I was in (d)rive and i hit the gas a little just like any normal driving and i get nothing! I had to hit the gas so much to get the car rolling. Felt like i was in my daily,which is a standard and trying to go from a stop in 3rd gear. So i continue driving and notice when in (d)rive it wont down shift to first or second and it won't shift to 4th on the freeway.i can manually put it into 1st and will work though. Checked my tranny level and it was at least a quart low,which was odd bec i had just checkedi t earlier in the day. I have zero leaks. Got home that night. Next morning i lift my car up. I check all my plugs to see if one became unplugged or was damaged by heat from the headers. All plugs checked out. None were lose and none were burned. So check all my fuses to see if i blew a fuse that caused it to go to limp mode.all fuses are fine. I didn't have a scanner handy with me to pull codes unfortunately. The last thing i did is i reset the computer by pulling my negative terminal on my battery. Made sure my fluid was full. Started it up and let it warm up. Took it out around my neighborhood stopping and going and everything was back to normal. Got on it wot and gave me the jitter's again. This car was flying. I can't wait until i can fill my nitrous bottle and stick it on there after i get a built tranny and see how much faster it is with juice.anyways, i was wondering if anyone has had this problem? I drove it this week a few more times with no issues. Hasn't come back to bite me in the *** yet. I did buy a deep tranny pan from a fellow member here and is on its way just to help out the cooling. I'm thinking at one moment i overheated, but another time i'm thinking not and just a computer malfunction possibly. It didn't give me problems before while breaking it in, which by the way i broke in in one night! And after i reset the computer it hasn't given me any problems. So i dont know what to do???????

Last edited by jdzo6c5; 01-06-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

You need to find the fault code it threw and have a tuner delete the reporting for it. That is very common when installing a 4k converter. A couple of clicks with a mouse should get you fixed right up.

Quick Reply: Yank SS4000 stall question?