Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E Questions......

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default 4L80E Questions......

Ok i'm going to from a 60 to a 80 I haven't Found a tranny yet i'm looking for a used one and i'm going to run it till it goes and then rebuild it. Ok my Question is what year model is the best to get and how can I tell Visually so that I do not get screwed over on it. I did a search and really didnt' find anything on what I asked so if you could help me out I would really appreciate it. Also what are the main things I need to look at when I go look at one and pull the pan ? Pics would help if ya'll have any.......

Sway
Old 01-14-2012, 12:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I personally prefer the lube path and OD parts used in the early units. They are missing the bolt hole at 12 o clock for the LS engines though.
Early is 91-96, then 97-up are late but there have been several changes on those as well.

Any year will work OK if setup properly. You can only make an educated guess about the condition based on fluid condition and residue in the pan.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here ya go. If you have any questions pm me. I am about to start turning up the wick on this stock unit and see what it will handle.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...0e-cheapo.html