Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revmax 3600 stall review!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revmax 3600 stall review!

Just got through installing my new Revmax 3600 stall with a few friends from my car club, Unikmuscle (thanks guys!). The install wasn't too bad, pretty straight forward, just time consuming. Anyone who is on the fence about doing a stall swap themselves, go for it! There really isn't anything you can screw up. Pretty much just unbolting and disconnecting everything, then doing the reverse to put it back in.

I followed this write up, which was great - http://modernmusclecars.net/forums/a...p?do=tcinstall

I got the 3600 Stage 3 converter, and the only upgrade I needed was a carbon fiber lockup clutch. I'm making a little over 400RWHP. In total I payed a little over $300 shipped with the sale they were running in the sponsor section

My impression of the new stall on the first drive can pretty much be summed up in two words - HOLY ****!!!

This is HANDS DOWN, THE BEST bolt on mod you could ever do to your car. The drivability is amazing, it pretty much drives just like stock, which really surprised me. I don't have to give it any extra gas to get going from a stop. You put the car in drive, and it will roll forward just like stock. Driving under part throttle is the only thing really affected - to me it basically feels like instead of the car revving up and shifting out like normal, the RPM's stay a bit higher and make the shifts less noticable and more seamless. It is VERY streetable and I have absolutely no regrets.

This is a huge change for me, since my car has such a heavy build and had a basically stock converter in it. I did a forged 383 stroker with a CC306 cam, so the stock stall was really holding everything back. The car is a MONSTER with the new stall. Anything under half throttle is normal driving.. but you give it a little gas or stab the throttle, and it will RIP the tires loose at anything under 40mph. I haven't even been able to hold WOT for more than a few seconds because of so much tire spin.. I was sideways at 50. I need some sticky tires!

Anyone who is on the fence about what stall size to choose or who has drivability concerns should definitely look into a stall from Revmax, and don't worry about it. I'm a somewhat picky person, I wouldn't be happy if I had to rev the **** out of the car to get it going from a stop. It literally drives just like stock. It's great.

I will take a video tomorrow to show the full effects of the new 3600

Thanks Revmax for a kick *** product at a super cheap price

Review vid! For some reason the audio went off track with the video halfway through.. I don't know what the problem is with shooting/uploading video on my phone but oh well. Bear with the slow parts and off-track audio..

http://youtu.be/Pyvhhn2VKQM

Last edited by Ballinonabudget; 01-28-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome...A 3600 is my next mod. I'd love to see some part throttle driving/regular driving, and alittle wot drive...What gears do you have by the way
Old 01-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Launching!

haha!! i just put my RM 3600 in last weekend it was actually a restall from 3200.its a little bit looser than the 3200,but it seemsto rev ALOT faster.i coudnt be happier with the combo i have now.i havent even been able to floor it yet.car is just nasty fast with the new converter and my new level 2 from ACE RACING (thanks GIL).i thought with the 3600 stall that my shifts would be a bit softer.not so.simply immpeccable.progressvely gets firmer with more throttle.the only thing i suggest is cleaning the red paint off the bolt holes on the convertor before installing.it just makes starting te TC bolts so much easier.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Banned

Well I WAS going to get out and take a video, but now we're under 2 feet of snow lol.. as soon as the weather clears up I'll get a full video posted up from idle, pulling out of the driveway, normal driving, and some part - WOT pulls.

I've got 373 gears and a built 700R4 trans
Old 01-21-2012, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

how long of a "break in" time did you drive it before you went out and beat on it? revmax told me 10 miles but yank says 200. Im kinda confused.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Banned

I took a 45 minute drive, and for the first 10-15 minutes I drove it easy. There aren't really any break in components in a TC.. as long as all the fluid is circulated you should be good to go. The bearings could be heat cycled once or twice but that's about it.

Just get it in, check your fluid, and go The fluid is important though, my car read full on the dipstick but I tried getting in and backing out of the driveway and I couldn't even move. You have to cycle through all the gears a bunch of times to get the fluid circulated and get an accurate reading. Once I did that I saw the fluid wasn't even showing up on the dipstick. I added fluid and cycled through the gears about 4 times before I was good to go.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

im looking into a revmax what does your 3600 flash at and does it hit hard on a roll? how is the lock up?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Banned

To be honest I can't get a good flash number for you because I haven't been able to get any traction at ANY speed. My car makes way too much torque and I've got street tires on it right now. It looks like it flashes right up to 3600 or in the area, but by that time the tires are already spinning.

It BANGS from a roll man.... I couldn't be happier with this converter. Driving from any point - dead stop, roll - has been greatly improved. I haven't taken the car on the freeway yet but once this snow clears and the roads dry I plan on taking a full review and getting a little more in depth with it. I'm in love with it so far
Old 01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Just installed their stage 3 3400 stall over Christmas and was equally impressed. I also haven't gotten a good flash number, just spins the heck out of the 315s! They were great to work with, custom built the converter based on my engines specs and had it to me in 3 days!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JCSWS6
Just installed their stage 3 3400 stall over Christmas and was equally impressed. I also haven't gotten a good flash number, just spins the heck out of the 315s! They were great to work with, custom built the converter based on my engines specs and had it to me in 3 days!
What 315 tire are you running?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

New Nitto 555s
Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Banned

Nice Revmax TC's = tire spinning extravaganza

Do you have the regular Nitto 555's or the 555R drags? I've got some new rims with the 555r drags I'm gonna throw on there, hopefully it will be a big improvement over the BFG KDWS I have right now.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Man, I dont have a Revmax but you guys are making me think about staying auto instead of trading it for an m6. I have a built 4L60E and a 3600 stall to install but Ive never been a fan of automatics and Im reconsidering now...
Old 01-23-2012, 05:37 AM
Banned

Do it. Install it and see if you still want to do the M6 swap.. my guess will be no Worst case scenario you only waste 5-6 hours installing it and then you can sell it with the tranny.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
Nice Revmax TC's = tire spinning extravaganza

Do you have the regular Nitto 555's or the 555R drags? I've got some new rims with the 555r drags I'm gonna throw on there, hopefully it will be a big improvement over the BFG KDWS I have right now.
Just standard 555s but will be changing them out to NT01s or 555rs soon. I had the same issue on my vette a few years ago and should have thought better than the standard 555s.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Banned

Nice Man the weather is horrible here... I just want the ground to dry up so I can go out and take this video.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks doesn't it.. The headers, duals, ls6, and pp throttle body in my sig are just sitting their stationary do to the weather. Best time for me to mod, but can't drive for another month or so..I'm really looking forward to your videos I know that.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by justin hover
Sucks doesn't it.. The headers, duals, ls6, and pp throttle body in my sig are just sitting their stationary do to the weather. Best time for me to mod, but can't drive for another month or so..I'm really looking forward to your videos I know that.
Thanks man, lol you're dealing with this horrible weather too over there in MI huh? It's just a slop fest outside right now.. first it was like 2 feet of snow, then freezing rain...

My daily driver (96 LT1 Buick Roadmaster) won't start now, it's making a horrible grinding noise like the flexplate is covered in ice or theres ice in the motor or something.. idk maybe there was too much water in the coolant. Fun times in the Midwest
Old 01-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Launching!

New Nitto 555s
Try the nt05s it will be night and day.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Unhappy

i ordered a 3800 n20 stall earlier today i cant wait to get it and make it my center piece heck i might sleep with it jk i just hope it is just as good as a yank all my buddies are disappointed i didnt get a yank i said everyone and there dog has a yank plus if u want to loan me the extra 300$ for a yank the i will satisfy u
but tom at revmax was awesom and sounded like he knows his stuff just kinda sad he said itd be middle of nxt week till i got it?

Quick Reply: Revmax 3600 stall review!