Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e help?

4l60 in my 05 escalade sometimes acts crazy when cold. Sometimes when i leave the house and come to a stop it will ramdomly go into neutral, gotta put it down in first or park and start over. Seems like it shifts harder when cold also. I dropped the pan and checked the soleniods, changed filter and fluid. and still does it, no dtcs. Any help would be appreciate alot.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ewww, that's a good one...

In the OD shift lever position, in 1st gear the Forward clutches, Input sprag and low roller clutch are applied.

In park, the low roller clutch is on and that's it. In manual low you bring on the overrunning clutch in addition to the elements that are on in OD.

What is the fluid condition? Or what was it ... any discoloration or foul odor? When you had the pan down how much debris was in the pan?

Not sure about the symptom other than to say it has an intermittent fluid pressure bypass when it's cold. I know that's painting with a wide brush, but is there any other info you can provide? Has it been wounded and repaired before... any power adders, high stall convereter, etc...?

g
Old 02-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input Gilbert, it had a ck eng light so i took it to a cad dealer. They said it had a code for tcc and that it nneded a shift solenoid and recommended a trans flush. They didnt tell me the dtc # but it never acted funny till they changed the solenoid and flushed the trans. I took it back bout 4 times and they said it was ok, but they didnt seem to care. I dropped the pan and noticed they didnt change the filtr even though i was charged for a filter and gskt kit for them to drop the pan to put the new solenoid in. this vehicle is stock with no known trans problems till i had it worked on. thanks for any advice you can offer me.