Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about TCI ssf3500??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question about TCI ssf3500??

I have had my TCI ssf3500 for about a month... I have already asked this question once but never got much of an answer... This is my problem, I dont drive my car but on weekends, but when i do go to drive it.. It feels like it trys to start of in DRIVE... It never shifts any gears at all.. On the interstate I cant get over 80mph. Because it want shift in OVERDRIVE... I can cut the car off for about 1 or 2 min. start it back up, and it will shift just fine starting from 1st gear.. not drive... I brought this back up because I was reading the do's & dont's of the LS1 in the new super chevy mag.. And they said dont put anything over a 3200stall in.. Anything thing bigger, your trans would need to be recalibrated... COULD THIS BE MY PROBLEM????
Old 03-23-2004, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any SES lights on the dash, make sure the tranny is full with fluid, and check your electrical connectors on the tranny to see if they are all clipped down good. A converter will really soften the shifts up where you may not feel it shifting , Did you get any reprogamming done after you installed the 373 gears . You can play with shift points to optimize the converter and gearing , have you ever had any type of tuning on the car.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

NONE..... No tuning cant find anywhere around where I live to do so.... It works fine if you turn the switch off for a min. or 2.. Only after the engine is warmed up.... I do have an SES light but that my o2's... But when i hooked my OBDII up to it, the only codes it gave were left bank lean, & right bank lean... (NO CATS)!!
Old 03-23-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start by removing the jet chip and and get a tune , you have changed the gear ratio from stock and the computer is not calibrated to the 373s , You really need to get that thing corrected for the gears and shiftpoints. That is where i would start.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same converter, but 2:73 gears. I was concerned about going over 3200 stall also, but I have had no problems with mine. I have Hpp3 and firmed the shifting 50% and upped the 1-2 shift by 1 mph. It worked just fine before the Hypertech also though.