Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a good website to buy 80E rebuild kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for a good website to buy 80E rebuild kit?

Doing an 80e swap and I'm wanting to put a good performance overhaul kit. Where are guys shopping for transmission parts??
Old 03-26-2012, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

JakesPerformance.com
Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PATC transmissions is where i always got my parts from..very descriptive too.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lt170chevelle
PATC transmissions is where i always got my parts from..very descriptive too.

Me too...
Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Definitely look at Jake's Performance We sell full rebuild kits and we make damn sure we keep the prices competitive. I think you would be HIGHLY satisfied with our kit, we offer complete customization options for the kit and we help you choose what you need as necessary. We also have a stock of billet parts if needed for extremely high horsepower builds.

Our Stage II kit for example is the exact kit we use in our Stage II transmission builds and includes things other kits do not, such as an extra friction and steel for the direct drum, Heavy Duty intermediate clutch pack snap ring, new 34 element sprag, new shift solenoids, internal harness, boost valve, torrington bearing and shim for the output shaft and a machined forward hub with torrington bearing to rollerize the forward hub and output shaft (rollerizing is an improvement we add to our transmissions to reduce parasitic power loss from the transmission), and a new overdrive roller clutch. The kit also includes instructions to make your own hydraulic improvements to the transmission that will significantly increase the capabilities of the transmission, such as how to dual feed the direct clutches (thereby vastly extending their life) and modifying the drum to prevent centrifugal apply with the direct piston, among other improvements. I also forgot to mention it includes a brand new full bushing set and thrust washers, the low roller clutch, the new filter, and the new front and rear bands. This is all the stuff that we add to the master rebuild kit that includes the clutches, gaskets and seals etc.

That kit does cost around $150ish more than the one I saw on the PATC website, but it also includes a LOT more to it and I think if you were to add the other things we include to most other kits, you would see where I'm going with that

To further it all, the 4L80E is our bread and butter, it's the transmission we're known for and have spent the most time researching and developing, doing extensive tests by putting every part we use through the grinder and finding people out there with high horsepower cars, stuffing our transmissions in them, telling them to run them as hard as they can and try to break them, and when they finally did, we went back, saw what broke and improved upon it until the people could no longer break them. After years of doing that, the result is what our transmissions are today, and even now we are still working on a couple of new things in the works to release this year for the 4L80E that nobody does or has done before

I hope I was descriptive enough

Quick Reply: Looking for a good website to buy 80E rebuild kit?