Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilt 4L60e Hesistation / Flaring Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilt 4L60e Hesistation / Flaring Problem.

So I have a 97 Nissan 240sx, with a Stock 5.3 / 4l60E Combo.

The factory trans that came with the motor, died not to long after I got my car running. I got a friend to do a factory rebuild, and it lasted about 3weeks till the front pump broke and fried 3rd / 4th So... i got rid of that trans, and pulled one out of a 2006 Chevrolet truck and had a local pontiac dealership mechanic rebuild it using the Level 1 Kit (400hp) from these guys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRUTECH-LEVE...sories&vxp=mtr

I am running the factory Converter and a B&M Transcooler with A B&M Ratchet shifter.

Ok... So when the trans is cold , I have no problems. Shifts great, holds in every gear. Couldn't be happier. But after driving for about 20 minutes or so, at low speeds it will start to Flare like its in neutral and it wont go into gear. If I let off the throttle and wait a few seconds it will go into gear and after that its great. Noticed mostly when I slow down and have to use 1st / 2nd gear again.

It only happens every now and then but today after cruising around it flared and even letting off the throttle it wouldn't go into gear. I cut the car off sat for a few seconds, start it up again and it was like it never happened. I have less that 200 miles on this rebuild and IM REALLY TIRED of taking the trans down. Anyone know what could be causing this?