Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e controller help

Old 04-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e controller help

Ok here we go. I put an LS3 and 4L60E into my 65ss and all was fine. We fired it up on Saturday for the first time and sounded great. Heres where the problem starts, today I hooked up the GM supermatic harness from the transmission and connected it to the engines bulkhead connector. Now when I start the car I can shift to reverse and neutral but as soon I shift into drive it kills the engine. If I unplug the transmission controller I can shift through all the gears without killing the engine. Did I hook up a wire wrong, do I have a bad controller? Any help would be great. when the engine dies its not like you turned off the key its more like letting out the clutch with the brake on. i think the convertor is locking up but when i try to re program the controller my laP top doesn't locate the controller as if its not plugged in. gmpp is looking into it but i thought someone here may have had this problem before.

Thanks
Steve
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Anyone have an idea how to fix
Old 04-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Electrical problems can be a nightmare sometimes and sometimes it is right in front of your face you just can't see it. We do offer a external full manual box for the 4L60E-4L65E-4L80E for $400.00.

Please contact me for a professional consultation regarding your needs. We are happy to provide you with references both here in the United States and Internationally. Be sure to check out our website at maddogtransmissions.com

Hear what our customers and fans say on our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions

We also accept orders over the phone. Be sure to contact us and we will recommend the correct transmission for your application. For your convenience, we accept PayPal and all major credit and debit cards.

If you prefer, we can call you personally, just e-mail us your phone number.

All our transmissions are very strong and reliable, and can be used for everyday driving. Extended warranties are also available.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions
Twitter: www.twitter.com/maddoglou
YouTube: www.youtube.com/maddogtransmissions
Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your lock-up solenoid is getting a ground (tan or tan/black wire maybe) and as soon as u go to fwd gear the converter locks up killing the engine. Go back and check the wiring, pay attention to the lock-up ground....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4l60e controller help