Sponsored by:

help with TURBO 700R4

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with TURBO 700R4

HI guys
i have a few questions about a T700r4 ( not sure what year has electronic lockup on the converter ( NOT WIRED UP car is pre ecu and has a 4 barrel carb )

I have a built one in my 1985 hilux 4x4 behind a 355ci v8
the other day was driving along and the governor cover came off ?????
lost the oil, and the cover stopped straight away and had it trucked home
what would cause this and what holds them on ?

all so is there any thing between the governor shaft head ( witch i still have ) and the cover plate ? like a thrust button or washer or does the cover just hold the governor shaft assembly in ??

do you think the trans will still be OK as it was only running for a few seconds with no drive ,still had oil running out after i stopped

any pic of the assembly from the governor wights to the cover would be appreciated so i know what parts to look for
cheers
Old 04-22-2012, 06:54 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

The governor cover is held on by an interference fit. Install the cover with a new O-ring, and install the cover by using the outside ring of the cover when tapping it back on. The cover must have good resistance (interference fit) when it is going on. DO NOT hit the cover in the middle area of the cover when installing it. If you have the hole at the top above the governor cover in the case, you could install the clip that is used on a TH350 to hold the cover in place. Rare that this happens, but it does once in a great while. Check the teeth on the governor before you install it to make sure that they are in good shape, and that the valve in the middle of the governor shaft moves freely.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PBA
The governor cover is held on by an interference fit. Install the cover with a new O-ring, and install the cover by using the outside ring of the cover when tapping it back on. The cover must have good resistance (interference fit) when it is going on. DO NOT hit the cover in the middle area of the cover when installing it. If you have the hole at the top above the governor cover in the case, you could install the clip that is used on a TH350 to hold the cover in place. Rare that this happens, but it does once in a great while. Check the teeth on the governor before you install it to make sure that they are in good shape, and that the valve in the middle of the governor shaft moves freely.

OK great
thanks for the info i will check the teeth on the shaft as i haven't had it out yet and it does seam to have a hole on one side of the case near the edge were the cover fits on but not a corresponding one on the other side ?
cheers
Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 700r4

Hello boss man,

Please contact me for a professional consultation regarding your needs. We are happy to provide you with references both here in the United States and Internationally. Be sure to check out our website at maddogtransmissions.com

Hear what our customers and fans say on our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions

We also accept orders over the phone. Be sure to contact us and we will recommend the correct transmission for your application. For your convenience, we accept PayPal and all major credit and debit cards.

If you prefer, we can call you personally, just e-mail us your phone number.

All our transmissions are very strong and reliable, and can be used for everyday driving. Extended warranties are also available.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions
Twitter: www.twitter.com/maddoglou
YouTube: www.youtube.com/maddogtransmissions
Old 04-24-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You should look into wiring the TCC and take advantage of the OD. Wiring it through the brake switch with a relay is fairly simple.

Quick Reply: help with TURBO 700R4