Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4L60E shift kit

I just bought a 98 Trans Am A4 and I took it to a transmission shop to get rebuilt due to the reverse being out. I've never really owned automatics so I don't know much about them, but my step dad advised me to get a shift kit installed while it was in there being rebuilt. So I called and the guy said he'd order one and have it installed for $100. The owner and my step dad are good friends so he said it was a good deal. My question is, is it worth the $100 and what exactly does it do? Like I said, I'm new to the automatic transmission world.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Transgo HD-2 kit is a good addition to the tranny and well worth it - especially if you are going to run a high stall converter. It firms up the shifts, provides better oiling throughout the unit, gives a positive TC clutch engagement, and provides several small part fixes promoting transmission life and performance.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Transgo HD-2 kit is a good addition to the tranny and well worth it - especially if you are going to run a high stall converter. It firms up the shifts, provides better oiling throughout the unit, gives a positive TC clutch engagement, and provides several small part fixes promoting transmission life and performance.
Okay awesome, thanks!. I'm not sure what brand of shift kit he is installing but he says its the same one that he would use in his cars (He has 2 fbodys as well).