Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mad Dog Transmissions!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Brandenash1: Thank you buddy for the Support! I am glad your transmission is still rocking and your loving it! Awesome! If there is anything we can do for you, please let me know...

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook:www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions
Twitter:www.twitter.com/maddoglou
YouTube:www.youtube.com/maddogtransmissions
Old 05-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive heard nothing but bad things about this guy.the last ting i want to do is R&R my transmission twice.or three times.Google is your friend.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Banned

Don't believe all the negative reviews you read! If fact lets looks at the stats if you will. There is not ONE transmission builder I know, or on the internet that doesn't have one thing written bad about them. Like I have said many times over... You can do the best you can each and every day and sometimes things just don't work out. Pick any product... and there are bad things written by it and some great things written about it. For every bad apple there are 1000+ great apples.

I am here to help and service my loyal customers... You can see from the two people who have written great responses about my transmissions... It speaks for it self.

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Originally Posted by Leeroyws6
ive heard nothing but bad things about this guy.the last ting i want to do is R&R my transmission twice.or three times.Google is your friend.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
Don't believe all the negative reviews you read! If fact lets looks at the stats if you will. There is not ONE transmission builder I know, or on the internet that doesn't have one thing written bad about them. Like I have said many times over... You can do the best you can each and every day and sometimes things just don't work out. Pick any product... and there are bad things written by it and some great things written about it. For every bad apple there are 1000+ great apples.
The disturbing part about the negative reviews isnt just being negative reviews sayin "oh this part failed not long after install or didnt shift right & had to be sent back". It was comments like "parts paid for were never installed" after tranny was disassembled by the owner. Like stock parts were installed instead of the high dollar replacements advertised. Thats what makes the negative reviews so bad.

Yet I have not seen you attempt to clear the air at all, just tryin to drum up business. I can understand wanting business & at least making sponsor fees back from services but when this stuff is brought up you might wanna actually explain prior issues instead of just copy & paste generic replies. We have seen enough bad vendors come through over the years proclaiming old issues were a thing of the past only to leave members high & dry when they disappear & arent a sponsor anymore.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

I know we have had some issue in the past... I am not saying those posts are true, maybe 20% of these posts are true. I have opened up some of the transmissions under warranty and have found that the customer did not get what they paid for. I definitely learned a valuable lesson. My shop grew too far too fast; and I had the wrong people on my team. I am here to tell you that I LOU personally inspects every transmission and downsized the shop from 25 employees now to 8 employees. So it went from quantity to quality. Back in the day everyone pretended they cared but the fact remained that they didn't and work reflected that.

Lets not forget that there is incomplete installation as well; people forget to clear the cooler lines which will contaminate the transmissions. I have seen many times they will break the front pump when installing the converter.

So lets not forget we all are human, and everyone wants to blame the builder. I have stepped up my game and we do dyno test EVERY transmission because of human error and defective parts. As far as I know... we have put out all fires and have honored all Warranties; which I continue to do as a good business man.

I also want it to be known that I personally have investigated these issues and as a on going basis continue to improve my quality in transmission building. I read all the bad reviews of my company and transmissions and look into every claim, and try to make it right. I continue to look into my company to find out where we can improve; and yes we have made mistakes like every company has... but I am here to tell you that we have improved our quality 100% and will not tolerate nothing but the best going forward.

I thank you for your message..

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
The disturbing part about the negative reviews isnt just being negative reviews sayin "oh this part failed not long after install or didnt shift right & had to be sent back". It was comments like "parts paid for were never installed" after tranny was disassembled by the owner. Like stock parts were installed instead of the high dollar replacements advertised. Thats what makes the negative reviews so bad.

Yet I have not seen you attempt to clear the air at all, just tryin to drum up business. I can understand wanting business & at least making sponsor fees back from services but when this stuff is brought up you might wanna actually explain prior issues instead of just copy & paste generic replies. We have seen enough bad vendors come through over the years proclaiming old issues were a thing of the past only to leave members high & dry when they disappear & arent a sponsor anymore.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Now thats a response. If all you say is true then I wish you the best of luck in this tuff market. You definetly have stiff competition from the other auto transmission vendors. But if your work starts to show proof of the turn-around and commitment to quality it'll show & people will start to post good reviews. Its very hard to shake a bad image once its been pinned on, but companies & people can change for the better.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Banned

We have been trying to shake the bad reviews for quite some time now. We have been getting back to what made us big and that was Quality. We have taken a lot of personal time to reflect and make our-self's a quality brand. We are doing this everyday with the customers that we come in contact with. We are here stay and will continue to build our name in the transmission industry. I make an honest living here and opened up some high dollar units that were double the price and were the same components as my level 4. One more thing is most competitors give you a 90 day warranty. We still give the one year unlimited mile warranty to our racing application. Thanks again for your support. We are here for you!

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Now thats a response. If all you say is true then I wish you the best of luck in this tuff market. You definetly have stiff competition from the other auto transmission vendors. But if your work starts to show proof of the turn-around and commitment to quality it'll show & people will start to post good reviews. Its very hard to shake a bad image once its been pinned on, but companies & people can change for the better.

Last edited by maddoglou454; 05-01-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

The day you find a tranny (or any part for that matter) that won't break especially the way we treat things... Please, tell us. Every company has made mistakes or has made products that will eventually break. Mad Dog just got the full blast for whatever reason. Everyone praises the T56 being bulletproof... I can go powershift it with stock power and break it... give this guy a break there are plenty of people happy with Mad Dog products.

Last edited by need2speed94; 05-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Teching In

You're the man Lou!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Banned

Need2speed94 & Brandenash1: Thanks for the Support guys! Makes me smile when one of my Customer gives us praise! Thank you guys!

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Old 05-01-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Unlike other sponsors that actually offer useful information, diagnose problems and help finding the simplest solution, maddoglou is blatantly trying to sell a rebuilt transmission to everyone here that posts any transmission problem, no matter how potentially minor.

So far 94 posts of "Call me and I will help you" (which will be a sales pitch) or defending his reputation. Never any how-to or do-it-yourself help. Perhaps he builds good transmissions, but IMHO this forum does not need a blatant sales pitch in ever thread.
Just my opinion and I understand if the Administrator deletes this.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Banned

Doesn't matter what I do... someone has to try and shut me down. Just FYI... I had 4 ppl call me today from LS1tech.com and I helped them fix there problem over the phone. All I did was walk them through minor issues. Just so you know.. I help tons of people everyday for nothing other than to just help people.

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Originally Posted by mrvedit
Unlike other sponsors that actually offer useful information, diagnose problems and help finding the simplest solution, maddoglou is blatantly trying to sell a rebuilt transmission to everyone here that posts any transmission problem, no matter how potentially minor.

So far 94 posts of "Call me and I will help you" (which will be a sales pitch) or defending his reputation. Never any how-to or do-it-yourself help. Perhaps he builds good transmissions, but IMHO this forum does not need a blatant sales pitch in ever thread.
Just my opinion and I understand if the Administrator deletes this.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:57 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
Doesn't matter what I do... someone has to try and shut me down. Just FYI... I had 4 ppl call me today from LS1tech.com and I helped them fix there problem over the phone. All I did was walk them through minor issues. Just so you know.. I help tons of people everyday for nothing other than to just help people.
If that is the case, then good for you and I gladly retract my previous criticism.
May I then suggest when posting, that instead of a stock "Call me", you say something like "That might be a simple problem you can fix yourself; call me and I will try to help you". That makes it clear you are really trying to help and not trying to sell everyone a new transmission or a rebuild. Better yet, spend one minute to give a technical explanation.

I understand that the trans experts/sponsors here don't have time to answer every question in detail, and really don't want to after spending all day in the shop.
Keep in mind that when you give a detailed technical explanation that you are helping many more than just the original poster. Typically well over a hundred people read each post, often after doing a search on Google.

This forum is a type of Internet Social Media; you will typically get more out of it than you put into it. To get a lot out of it, you have to put a fair amount into it. As always, just my opinions. And thank you for the reply.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Banned

To be perfectly honest.... If i had the time to write out all the responses needed for each problem.. It would take way to much time. That's why i say to "give me a call" because its faster and more convenient for me and the customer explaining there issue. I can get to the issue faster on the phone than I can typing. I explain myself better on the phone...

Originally Posted by mrvedit
If that is the case, then good for you and I gladly retract my previous criticism.
May I then suggest when posting, that instead of a stock "Call me", you say something like "That might be a simple problem you can fix yourself; call me and I will try to help you". That makes it clear you are really trying to help and not trying to sell everyone a new transmission or a rebuild. Better yet, spend one minute to give a technical explanation.

I understand that the trans experts/sponsors here don't have time to answer every question in detail, and really don't want to after spending all day in the shop.
Keep in mind that when you give a detailed technical explanation that you are helping many more than just the original poster. Typically well over a hundred people read each post, often after doing a search on Google.

This forum is a type of Internet Social Media; you will typically get more out of it than you put into it. To get a lot out of it, you have to put a fair amount into it. As always, just my opinions. And thank you for the reply.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4Z_VbTJ7Y
Old 05-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Banned

Talking

This is an Article in GM High Tech Magazine! This is Charlie Hill's truck from Vengeance Racing. Its a Trans-Brake Turbo 400 with the Cryogenic Freeze process. It has 900+HP. He drag races almost every weekend and also does some street racing. He takes it for test and tune every week. It has absolutely no issues with our recipe. I wanted to post this article so people can see that our recipe works. Once again there are a great number of transmission companies on this forum; who can build an awesome transmission but, nobody offers this type of transmission for the price we sell it at! I will be posting soon more videos of his truck in action.

If you have any disbelieves; You can call Charlie Hill at Vengeance Racing 678-513-7105

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Quote:
Attached Thumbnails Mad Dog Transmissions!-313517_10150372596718234_638748233_8308073_672500687_n-1-.jpg  

Last edited by maddoglou454; 05-04-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Banned

Talking

Volume 37 NO, 11 2011 Truckin ( Worlds leading truck publication)

" The 700R4 Transmission was upgraded by Mad Dog Transmissions to take the extra power and to operate with the LS-based motor. The Transmission used the Bow Tie overdrive throttle body kit in order to properly function the TV kick down cable. A larger stall converter was also added to match the LS6 camshaft from Mad Dog"

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Attached Thumbnails Mad Dog Transmissions!-mag.jpg  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Launching!

read this:https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...addog-lou.html

totally cracks me up about what reputable builders are saying about this guys video!!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Banned

Hey isn't it amazing when I can't tell you how many times I have explained the situation... a apologized for my mistakes... admitted to my mistakes... Made amends to many of my customers, and I still have people that all they want to do is swing an axe and knock you down! I guess the saying is true... when someone is knocked down.. you keep kicking them down.

I have said this a hundred times... that I am trying to do the best I can and make things right and service my customers 100%

Thank You,
Mad Dog Lou!

MAD DOG TRANSMISSIONS

Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Today 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Leeroyws6
read this:https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...addog-lou.html

totally cracks me up about what reputable builders are saying about this guys video!!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm a builder myself, I actually feel bad for you man, if that means anything. At first I was on the bandwagon with everyone else, but after you said that you're trying really hard to improve your reputation and fix it, I relaxed quite a bit. Wish you the best of luck Lou, really do, but man, consider finding a machine shop connection sometime who can make you some billet shafts for trannys such as your 80es. I understand the cost savings that you can pass along to the customer by keeping the stock ones, but I feel that your 80s would be decent builds that could hold some power if the stock hard parts weren't such a buzzkill on the transmission power capacity.

Another thing I recommend, which I know bugs some people just because; All of that contact info you paste at the end of every post? The part with your fax, phone number, website, twitter, Facebook and Youtube? I would recommend pasting that into your signature on here so that way it will be at the bottom of every post you make and you won't have to do it every time you post. It makes the post look cleaner, less cluttered and more professional, just a suggestion though.

Also, people love it when a sponsor comes in and helps them with their tech questions. I see you've been doing that a bit lately, keep that up and the results will be good. It helps to begin having a strong, friendly rapport with people online, especially in this day and age. The more people on here and other forums you may visit talk about you in a positive way, the better and faster your reputation will turn around.

Take these suggestions any way you want, like I said, I actually feel for you and hope things turn around. On the flip side, you're already an established builder, now you just need to work on turning the reputation around and get more guys that will come into threads and say "I have a MadDog Transmission and it's held up great for x amount of time, no problems here!" I noticed you had a couple of people saying that, get more. It will help you. A lot. Someone else said it, thousands of people will end up reading the posts you make, whether now, a few months from now or even a year or more from now from Google searching about transmissions.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: Mad Dog Transmissions!