Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10% off sale ends soon and other news.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 10% off sale ends soon and other news.

Our tax season sale end April 30th, so if your thinking about ordering, get your order in soon.
We're running 4 weeks out on builds right now, so bear with us, and you can still get the discount as long as you order before the 30th. We're not even taking deposits right now due to our backlog.

The new 4L80E transbrake will be released SOON! We are awaiting the seperator plates and when they are done, we will do some final QC and ship a couple of units to our customers who use them in their builds for feedback.

The new transbrake has a few advantages over our current offering.
First it allows operation in any gear. Preferably in D3. It will allow the customer with a PCM or ECU shifted trans to put it in D3, and launch off the brake and let the computer do the shifting. This is mostly a positive. It does however require more caution than our current design.
Secondly, it is completely isolated from the stock wiring and control. It will not require any specific tuning for the transbrake.

It also has a larger exhaust so should release as fast or faster than the current brake, but we'll datalog it before we make any claims.

It has some significant changes to the 3rd gear circuit that make it unmatchable for 3rd gear feed until we make a billet aluminum version.

It is a more costly design to produce, so pricing will be slightly higher.

We will likely be reducing the price on the current design slightly since it has paid for it's initial production costs and we can produce it for less now. It will be getting some hydraulic updates that we developed while working on the new brake.

I would also like to thank everyone for their business and patience with our current backlog.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can the current design brake be converted to the new style? I have your current brake but I would much rather have something where I dont have to move the shifter as it is kinda hard to move my column shifter that fast without cramming it all the way to neutral lol.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by L-EATER
Can the current design brake be converted to the new style? I have your current brake but I would much rather have something where I dont have to move the shifter as it is kinda hard to move my column shifter that fast without cramming it all the way to neutral lol.
The new style brake can replace the "low" style brake with a swap of the entire VB assembly but it is an entirely new design.

That is one of the things I'm contemplating is a credit towards the purchase of the new design if you return the old one. We can clean and check out the old ones and resell (again being able to offer the low brake for less to customers who prefer it).