Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Brake Switch Location

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Brake Switch Location

Where and how do you guys mount your trans brake switches? Did you keep the stock steering wheel or go aftermarket? Post photos if you care to share!

Another question! If the car is in forward motion and you accidentally hit the switch are you going to destroy the transmission and/or crash your as the car locks up?

Joe
Old 04-29-2012, 08:12 PM

i have mine on the steering wheel just so that when you launch it just feels more natural to me, the only pain in the butt is backing up. i knew a guy you wired in parallel a second button on the center console of a vega so he would turn around he could put his right hand on it and look backward.

if you hit it accidentally you can.... i had a customer with a c-4 hit the button at the 60ft mark accidentally and snapped the stator support tube off the front of the trans. And i had another one who ran a glide that accidentally hit it when he rolled in the water box, didn't hurt the trans but rolled over the sprag in the converter so it had no stall to it. easiest way to avoid in a street strip is put an arming swith somewhere
Old 04-29-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks! I like the idea of an arming switch!

Quick Reply: Trans Brake Switch Location