Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E to T56 Wiring

Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4L60E to T56 Wiring

I'm not getting any help from the truck guys so maybe you guys can help me out. I swapped a T56 into my '01 Silverado 5.3L and need some help wiring it up. There is a black box on the left side of the auto trans with two connectors; one 7-pin and one 4-pin (see pictures below). I unplugged the black box and the truck won't start. To get it to start all I did was connect the yellow and the purple/black wires together on the 7-pin connector. That's it.

When running, the gear indicator says it's in 2nd gear. Seems to run fine, haven't gotten to drive it yet. Is it okay to have it wired like this? I could easily hook the yellow and purple/white wires to the clutch switch.

Can I ground some combination of pins on the 4-pin connector to get the gear indicator to display something else? Does it matter what it reads or does it have a "limp mode" in one or more of the gears/park/reverse?

Thanks!

4-pin connector:

7-pin connector (mine does not have the orange/black wire, this pin is empty):
Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump!

I posted this in the auto section because my question is mostly in regards to how I can safely "trick" the computer into thinking that it's in neutral to start and so it's driveable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4L60E to T56 Wiring