Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E question?

My 02 camaro has a oversized cam that I recently got tuned and now the tranny (4L60E) with 3000 stall/converter and shift kit, can't seem to keep up with the motor. It lugs really bad and the shift points don't seem right, nor does it sound right when it shifts. I don't know weather to get a standard tranny built to keep up, or get a B&M programmer and reprogram the tranny... But I'm not sure if the programmer will solve all the problems... Please help?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What RPM does it lug and what specs are the cam? What sound does it make when it shifts? Did your tuner say he was going to tune the transmission for the stall?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Teching In

that stuff is all part of a proper tune. have your tuner make the necessary adjustments. if he cannot do it get a recommendation for someone who can.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Teching In

It lugs at a low rpm mainly after it shifts to third an going really easy... And the previous owner was the one who put the cam in so I'm not sure of the specs... And no he jus tuned the engine. An yea it was the first time I have ever got my car tuned but I kinda think it was a bad tune myself.