Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e slipping in every gear at about 3000rpms help pls.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e slipping in every gear at about 3000rpms help pls.

95 Pontiac transam bought it with a messed up trans but the guy threw in another one that knew was good. I tried changing tc in the new trans once I installed it and still slipped at about 3 grand. Help pls. .
Old 06-21-2019, 07:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

Joined yesterday...posted for the first time yesterday...gave a horrible and unclear explanation of the issue...and never did a search (or at least not a good search)

Here are your upcoming options:
A. explain the issue again but have it make sense...what is slipping? the torque converter, every single clutch, etc. Does it rev to high but still move...does it not move at all...why do you say it only slips at 3k rpm. Doesn't make much sense
B. Do your own research
c. Double check fluid level and put a pressure gauge on the trans. Test every gear's pressure at idle and at 1500 rpm with the brakes applied. Once you have that info...come back and try again.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
Joined yesterday...posted for the first time yesterday...gave a horrible and unclear explanation of the issue...and never did a search (or at least not a good search)

Here are your upcoming options:
A. explain the issue again but have it make sense...what is slipping? the torque converter, every single clutch, etc. Does it rev to high but still move...does it not move at all...why do you say it only slips at 3k rpm. Doesn't make much sense
B. Do your own research
c. Double check fluid level and put a pressure gauge on the trans. Test every gear's pressure at idle and at 1500 rpm with the brakes applied. Once you have that info...come back and try again.

You don’t have to be a ******* douchbag. Obviously I reallly don’t understand what I’d going on with it. I told you everything that I know about it. I know very little when it comes to transmissions and really didn’t want to post on here but I’ve exhausted all other resources. But don’t worry I don’t need input from an ******* like yourself. I’ve read as much I can about the issue on this fourm and I’ve didn’t see anyone who had this issues, nor the option about checking the pressure or anyone ever stating that. So yet again that’s for you input but you don’t have to be a little ***** about it and be so condensing thanks again and I know you will kick me off this fourm for this but who care, really need help but not to be talked down to by some douchbag
Old 06-21-2019, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Posted this in another thread a couple hours ago and this one is also fitting so I will copy and paste my reply from another thread that pertains to this one also........

Well he's right.... some of you guys are sensitive AF.
These guys put in lots of time here and put things point blank..... and the info they share is free I must add.

Imo this site is lucky to have guys like them. It's the best site for automatic transmission responses due to these guys. If people don't like the way they word things then good luck getting that kind of help and info somewhere else.
The following 2 users liked this post by 98CayenneT/A:
jalfredprufrock (07-01-2019), Tranzman (06-21-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,204 Likes on 844 Posts

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Posted this in another thread a couple hours ago and this one is also fitting so I will copy and paste my reply from another thread that pertains to this one also........

Well he's right.... some of you guys are sensitive AF.
These guys put in lots of time here and put things point blank..... and the info they share is free I must add.

Imo this site is lucky to have guys like them. It's the best site for automatic transmission responses due to these guys. If people don't like the way they word things then good luck getting that kind of help and info somewhere else.
Damn! ...I just got back from a vacation and everybody is losing their **** LMAO!

It's all good, everybody... Woosah!
The following users liked this post:
bbond105 (06-22-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 10:36 PM
TECH Junkie

anthony. Do part C of what I posted above. report back.
"slipping at 3000 rpm" doesn't describe your issue at all...at least not well enough to get good diagnostic help.
Do all gears slip...does just one gear slip...does it have an aftermarket converter and it feels like it needs 3k rpm to get moving...does it have any codes...does it slip under 3k rpm or does it drive normal up until that point...etc.

If you want good help...we need good info.
Also, if you can't read my first post without calling names and getting your panties in that much of a wad...I'm not sure you're really going to get very good help on any forum
Old 07-03-2019, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

probably low oil pressure
Old 07-05-2019, 07:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by grasshopper645
probably low oil pressure
Hence part C...the pressure test...