Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual to Auto swap, need help with pedal wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Manual to Auto swap, need help with pedal wiring

I've looked and looked, but could not find anything that shows how these should be.

I have a 96 RS 3.8 M5 and I am putting in a 96 SS LT1 A4 from a donor car. I had all the parts I needed from the donor. I disconnected the manual pedals last year and I just now got around to putting the auto pedals in. I don't remember if there even was this 4 wire blue connector that goes in the switch from the brake pedal. Do manual cars have this plug?

Also which of these wires go to the shifter and what else do I need to do?

OK first, this is a pic of the auto pedals with the wires still plugged in from the auto donor car. It's a blue connector with 2 pink and light blue with black stripe and a green with a white stripe. I can not find this wire anywhere on the manual car. Does it exist or not?

This is the auto pedals installed in the manual car. I plugged in everything that fit. The only one missing is the 4 wire plug. Sorry for the upside down pic. It was right side up when I uploaded it :banghead:

These are the wires that were plugged into the manual by the clutch pedal. There are two wires running down to this and then it has these three connectors. One goes to the white clutch switch and 2 of them I have no idea.

Pic of manual brakes with same harness plugged in from above:

Last edited by brandonppr; 07-11-2012 at 09:56 PM.