Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats wrong with my trans!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Whats wrong with my trans!!

I have an 02 A4 and I am new to LS1. To keep this short and sweet, when I am on the hwy @ about 60-65mph and go WOT or just heavy Acceleration my RPMs go way up and the car does not accelerate, it just sits there. It doesnt do it all of the time. I have taken it to the dealership and they say they cant find anything wrong - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Restricted User

Sounds like the 34 clutch packs are going. Mine just went straight out, start rolling, 1, then 2nd, then rev limiter no 3rd or 4th. Check the fluid, does it smell burnt, is it off color, when was the filter last serviced? How many miles etc...
Old 04-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Teching In

I just had my oil changed 2 weeks ago. The tech told me that my trans fluid looked good but it was a little overfull. Do you think that could be causing the problem? oh and 32k miles
Old 04-02-2004, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by onyxSShrdtp
I just had my oil changed 2 weeks ago. The tech told me that my trans fluid looked good but it was a little overfull. Do you think that could be causing the problem? oh and 32k miles
No. If it does not do it in 1st (that would mean your stall) then it is your 3/4 clutch packs. I just replaced mine too

Mine stop going into third so you are lucky.

They can't find anything wrong unless they take it apart and see it burnt up or wack it WOT on the highway.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help! Now I just need to get the dealership to replace them before my warranty expires. It seems like they cant do anything unless your car throws a code