Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

built 4l60e slipping on 2-3

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default built 4l60e slipping on 2-3

my trans was rebuilt about 3 years ago. its a jasper with shift kit. it recently started slipping between 2 and 3 gear. 1-2 is fine. but slips when it tries to go to 3. could it be a bad filter or needing tuning or converter or what? its my dd so i need help asap. im on a buget so i cant afford another rebuild. i do have another trans i can get cheap from a friend but mines built so i wanna keep it. i really dont think its bad. there is no leaks by the way. i do think i may have over filled a little bit but i doubt thats the problem though.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:25 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

You posted elsewhere too and I stated this is a very common problem with the 4L60E - the 3/4 clutch wears out and you need a rebuild. You might be able to extend the life by increasing the line pressure. You could have a trans shop check the line pressure in Reverse (which is close to WOT line pressure) and if it is less than 200 psi put in a bigger boost valve and/or stiffer pressure regulator spring. That might get you a few more months of life while you save up for a rebuild.

Quick Reply: built 4l60e slipping on 2-3