Sponsored by:

4l65E issue when tires spin

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 4l65E issue when tires spin

Hello all,

I recently had my transmission freshly rebuilt after losing my 3rd gear. I also just had my car dyno tuned this past week. ( trans is 3 weeks fresh and tune was done on monday )

Cruising the car around i've done alot of wide open throttle pulls to make sure everything shifts perfect, and it does from any roll basically 30-40.

Now today I did a test pull with my friends car *from a dead stop* I spon really bad pretty much all of 1st gear maybe a little of 2nd i'm not exactally sure it all happened so fast but i spon really bad. Now it shifted from 1st to 2nd fine while spinning, but then 2nd to 3rd I was bouncing off my rev limiter for about 3 seconds I got out of it and back in it and it shifted.

Why did this happen? was it because i spon the mph needle past my 2nd to 3rd mph? and it tricked the pcm or is this a tune issue or internal trans

Please help thank you very much guys.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hitting the rev limiter is probably a tune issue. I would see if the shop that dynotuned your car would fix it. Some shops won't mess with shift points though.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the op sounds like a dip ****.